This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uhhh... That's okay... Never mind

My monthly travel pass didn't arrive this month due to Our Fair City's Travel System's decision to halt sending them out after the 21st of the month due to the holiday season (brilliant, eh?) So I had to go to their head office to pick them up and fill out forms.

As I'm waiting in line, I overhear this precious exchange.

CSW: Customer Service Worker
    SC: Stupid Customer (obviously)

SC: My son's pass didn't arrive this month. I'm here to pick it up.

CSW: Did your son call to check and see if there was a problem?

SC: I don't know. I'm just here to pick it up for him. The name is <name>

CSW: Do you have anything from him giving you permission to pick it up for him?

SC: No. I'm just here to get it. The name is <name>.

CSW: I understand that sir. However, we need his permission to have you pick it up for him.

SC: I just need to pick it up for him. The name is <name>. I just want to get the pass.

CSW: I understand, sir. Do you have a phone number for him?

SC: I do, but I don't know why you need that. His name is <name>. Just give me his pass.

CSW: Sir, if you give me a phone number, I can call him right now and get his permission to give you the pass.

SC: I just need the pass. You don't need to talk to him. His name is <name>.

CSW: I'm sorry, sir, but I need his permission to give you his pass if he can't pick it up himself. If you give me his number, I can call him and get him to okay you to pick up his pass for him.

SC: ...

SC: Never mind then, I'll just buy a pass then.

CSW has seen me watching this exchange trying not to laugh and just barely keeps it together himself. Sells the SC the pass and I finally get to the window for my turn.

Transaction completed (I had the proper ID out, plus I had had my DH call the previous day and confirm I could pick up both our passes) I look at the CSW, wish him a Happy New Year and whisper to him through the window "www.customerssuck.com. It'll save your life".

I'm thinking I should print up little business cards with just that on it and pass them out to those who I can see could definitely use them.

Raps - may I?

Happy New Year, everyone! Finding this site has made my year!
    No... Just No! And I mean it this time!

http://www.customerssuck.com/board/s...ad.php?t=16828

Ready for you to download and print out.

Rapscallion

Comment

That SC is some kind of special right there. How many times did the CSW ask if he had his son's permission? 10? You'd think after the first 3...

*looks up at logo* Oh...yea.

Raps, thanks for the linkage. No longer do I have to worry if my hastily scrawled chicken scratch is legible.

Comment

Working...
      X