This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupidity is Contagious

Little background. Before my husband and I were married we lived together and had bills in both our names.

We disconnected service and I had went to stay with a relative while he went to boot camp then we moved to South Carolina. Then again to Virginia. (In my error I forgot to give them the new address)

The final bill(s) catch up to me in Virginia 2 years later. I am sitting here looking at two bills at arrived. One in Mr Smith's name and One in Miss Jones name. SAME amount, SAME Service address SAME Dates. They changed one number at the end of the account number. So I call them..

Me: Trying not to get cheated (thoughts)
    PG: Dumber than a box of rocks
    MOD: As smart as a rock.

PG: Hello XYZ service this is Candy how can I help you?
    Me Yeah I have these two bills (goes into details explained above)
    PG: Yeah so you owe us the total of both bills (double money)
    Me: No. Everything is the SAME we are getting billed twice.
    PG: Oh What s your name
    Me: Mrs Smith it used to be Miss Jones.
    PG: You changed your name?
    ME: .....yeah. Usuallly when two people get married, it is common for the wife to take the last name
    PG: ............Oh. Can I talk to Mr Smith to verify this.
    Me: Wel He is actually out to sea. I Can fax you the power of attorney I have.
    Pg: Well when will he be back or what is a number I can reach him?
    Me: I am sorry he is on a submarine out in the ocean. I don't have a number for him and his arrival is somewhere in 5-6 months.
    PG: Ma'am don't try to trick me. A submarine is a sandwich not a ship.
    Me:............................................... ........................
    .....what?
    PG: I hear people try and trick me, now give me a number now. He has to hav a cell phone.
    Me: Miss Candy was it? A nuclear submarine is a vessel that dives deep under water. and Even if I wanted to call him, I can't.
    PG: No. A SUB MAR INE is a Sandwich Look I eat them all the time Don't mess with me.
    Me;....Honey,. it is a sandwich that is named after the ship. Just let me speak with your Supervisor.
    PG: No I want you to apologize for trying to trick me.
    Me; Supervisor please.
    PG No Apologize
    Me: Supervisor ...NOW
    <click> Puts me on hold
    I wait a few minutes.

MOD: Hello this is jane can i help you
    Me; Yes I have this bill (explain again) and my husband is out to sea and can not be contacted for 5-6 months.
    MOD. A fisherman that is gone for 5 months>?
    Me; NO. My husband is a petty officer in the United. Stated. Navy. He is on a sub out to sea
    MOD: Ma'am stop lying and give us his contact information.
    Me; I am not lying. Geesh is there someone else I can contact?
    MOD Yeah your husband to call us.
    Me; I am sorry you will have to wait 5 months then. He is out to sea
    MOD We aren't stupid a Sub is a food. You can fish on a food.
    Me: OK I am done talking to you. Please refer me to someone who I can talk to to straighten this out.
    MOD: <Click> She hangs up

Mind you when I called this company the next day The guy I talked to was peeing his pants laughing so hard. He siad I NEED to pull up the tape on that one.
    You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

I.....buh........wha............

*gives up*

*chases down brain*

Damnit! It's broken!

Comment

i......wh.............b..........so neither one knew what a submarine was? Um.....wow. I must say I've met a lot of stupid people but these two take the cake! Or should I say sub? Oh I slay me sometimes...

Comment

I think I just lost all brain function for a moment.I think I'm recovering a bit though.
        "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Okay, 2 people in the same company couldn't figure out that there is a thing called a submarine that you can ride in? The *only* sub they'd ever heard of is the sandwich? WTF? My brain is definitely broken too!

So, did the guy at the company help you out and fix everything?

Comment

And if you were to say to both of those idiots "A submarine is a ship you fucking retard!", you would be the rude one.

Life ain't fair, I tell ya....
            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

OK,
              sub = under
              marine = of the sea

Is there anywhere that even remotely suggests bread to you? How did they not learn what a submarine was at the same time as their ABCs? Some people...

Should have asked them where they thought The Beatles were living all these years
              "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Ok, now that I've recovered a little:
                It doesn't matter, once she said 'power of attorney' it doesn't matter where he is, she could have told them he was an astronaut floating around space on a doughnut.
                With the PA, AmethystSquirrel, for all intents and purposes, is her husband.
                "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
                  OK,
                  sub = under
                  marine = of the sea

Is there anywhere that even remotely suggests bread to you? How did they not learn what a submarine was at the same time as their ABCs? Some people...

Should have asked them where they thought The Beatles were living all these years
                  Not only that, but what about the new subway commercials with the monkey riding the... sandwich? You know, the yellow sandwich with the parascope that they say ISN'T a sandwich they serve?

Comment

Well, at least the guy she talked to later knew how incredibly, undeniably, amazingly moronic those other two were. Odds are they'll get disciplined for being rude, if not for being stupid.
                    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Owie! My brain huuuurrrrrrts.

Wow...just, wow.
                      Osoroshii kangae nimo osoware masu...

Comment

*whimper* *sits in corner sucking her thumb* The stupid, it buuurrrns!

Comment

They never heard of a nuclear submarine? What do they think? That you can go into any Subway shop & order a sub & add some extra hydrogen bombs? Jeez! lol

Comment

And these people DRIVE! Scary.

Comment

Wow.

Comment

Working...
                              X