This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Skeksin View Post
    Captains log: We have been adrift in the sea for the past month. Supplies are out. I had to shoot another crewman for trying to eat the sub. I knew this ship was bad news the moment I was assigned. I mean...come on! A Quiznos class ship named The Turkey Club? Idiots.....

B
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
    I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

You know, this brings whole new dimensions to "Das Boot" and "Run Silent, Run Deep".
      It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Oh, they know what a submarine is....it's a sandwich. Now, quit trying to trick us and apologize!

BTW - You're a legend in your own mind you are.
        I will never apologize! NEVER!! *shakes fist in air*

Yesh I am. Is it THAT obvious?
        Last edited by SG15Z; 01-10-2009, 06:47 AM. Reason: fixed a smilie

Comment

Quoth MannersMakethMan View Post
          Should have asked them where they thought The Beatles were living all these years
          That one's simple - extra mustard

Quoth IrvingPatrickFreleigh
          And if you were to say to both of those idiots "A submarine is a ship you fucking retard!", you would be the rude one.
          Not only rude, but wrong. Ask anyone from "the silent service" - a submarine is a boat, not a ship.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
            Ask anyone from "the silent service" - a submarine is a boat, not a ship.
            Something about being able to land an aircraft on a ship (?).
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I'd heard that boats were for rivers and lakes, whereas ships were for seas. I suspect that's inaccurate.

Ah, Wikipedia has an extra - agrees with the above and adds sea areas near the coast. It also mentions the submarine question, saying that they could originally be carried by a ship.

Rapscallion

Comment

I think they would still distinguish between a modern, full-size submarine (which includes the U-boats) and the mini-subs used for special ops (which the early ones universally were).

Comment

Working...
                X