This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Family Sighting

On New Years Eve, I went with my grandparents to dinner. Fairly nice Mexican restaurant. We got there a few minutes before they opened, and there was already a line, so it's to be expected that we'd have to wait for our food. We actually got our orders in pretty quickly, and of course had the nummy chips and salsa to much on in the meantime.

After a while, my G-pa starts saying things like "Let's eat!", "Where's our food?", etc. Now, it HAS been a while, but like i said, we were hardly the first in there, and it's not like we were starving. Yet he's sitting there acting like a CHILD. I couldn't believe I was telling HIM to behave himself. I actually suggested getting a paper place mat and some crayons to keep him occupied.

He wasn't even being quiet about it. It's a strange day when you have to tell your non-senile grandfather that whining will not get the food here any faster.

Later on, I asked for some lemon to go with my shrimp (I love fried shrimp!), and there was some sort of miscommunication. The waiter brought a big bowl of tartar sauce. Fortunately, I still had the lemon in my water, so my shrimp did not go lemonless. Still, how do you get "tarter sauce" from "lemon"?
    Last edited by HorrorFrogPrincess; 01-04-2009, 08:56 PM.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
    Still, how do you get "tarter sauce" from "lemon"?
    My guess would be "She wanted something...oh crap, what was it?! It was for her shrimp...I know! Tartar sauce goes with seafood, that must be it."
    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
      My guess would be "She wanted something...oh crap, what was it?! It was for her shrimp...I know! Tartar sauce goes with seafood, that must be it."
      I guess. XD Didn't bother me really, since I did have some lemon from my water.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Just imagine what the poor table that got your lemon instead of their tartar sauce thought!
        "If you find yourself fantasizing about throwing actual users into a blender, please get help... they're heavy." - Tom Dickson

Comment

I've noticed this with my mom. She's worked with the public, so she used to be like me, she knew what it was like to deal with morons on a daily basis, so she was unfailingly polite with service people.

Until she got a little older. I've noticed some definite SC-like tendencies lately, and it's quite disturbing.

Like your grandparents, she's not senile or ill or anything like that, either. I guess there's something to be said about many older people becoming entitled and selfish when dealing with service workers. I just never thought it would be my mom.
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

My brother and his wife are this way. They start barking when the food isn't served with in like, a matter of seconds.

Normally I don't mind-or even notice a wait (unless I'm pressed for time, like a lunch break, then it's my own fault for going to a sit-down resturant when I've got a finite amount of time). I'm usually so wrapped up in conversation and enjoying the company that I'm keeping that it doesn't bother me. Especially if the place has munchies (like chips) for me to nibble on.

Great. Now I want messican food. Durn!
            Well fiddle dee dee!!

Comment

Working...
            X