This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did I miss something here?

So I was at Wal-mart today for....something, and went over to the clearence aisle to look through the sale stuff. I found a couple of boxes of Christmas cards so I now have all my cards for next year's exchange

I'm putting the boxes in my cart and some woman is scrying up behind me. Admittedly, I got the last two of this particular style of cards, but there were like a dozen other types. I think, though, she had her heart set on those and that's what set off the following exchange. (For the record, when it started, I had my headphones on.) Sooo...tell me where the sanity breakdown occurs exactly...

Woman: MOSDHIS.
    Me: *taking off headphones* I'm sorry, were you speaking to me?
    Woman: I said why are you getting all those?
    Me: ...because I'm going to save them for next year.
    Woman: These for so cheap?
    Me: ......yeah?
    Woman: That's so DISHONEST!
    Me: What is?
    Woman: Buying things so cheap and making people think you spent money that you didn't!
    Me: Um. What?
    Woman: *scoff* It's just so dishonest.
    Me: ...I have a feeling it's only dishonest because I'm doing it, and if you did it, it would be "smart shopping."
    Woman: HUMPH! *marches off, nose in air*

Seriously...what?

But in the interest of being honest, I got 64 cards for the exchange next year for $3. So now you all know how cheap I am.
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

According to those of us of Scots descent - You're not cheap....you're thrifty!
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth MystyGlyttyr View Post
      Woman: Buying things so cheap and making people think you spent money that you didn't!
      Yeah, you're so cheap, because the cost of the present is directly proportional to how much you care about someone.
      http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
      Melody Gardot

Comment

But in the interest of being honest, I got 64 cards for the exchange next year for $3. So now you all know how cheap I am.
        OMG! How DARE you! Try and save money on cards when voluntary participating in an exchange that costs at least $35 (I don't even remember!) in postage.

I got mine for next year at WalMart also. On sale. But not as good of a deal as you got - I'm jealous!

Sheesh, that "lady" had a lot of nerve and yeah, she obviously wanted those cards for herself. Hypocrite.

Comment

Being thrifty (or cheap if you prefer) is smart in this day and age. It is a running joke with my family and friends that they need to dress warm when they visit me, because I freely admit that I'm a cheapskate when it comes to paying for heat and electricity. Seems silly to pay more when I can just dress a little warmer. We joke about it, but when comparing utility bills, everybody wishes their bills were as low as mine. Of course, still being unemployed makes it all that more important for me. And by watching for things all through the last year for gifts, I was able to give gifts to all of my family for very little money.
          "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Me: ...I have a feeling it's only dishonest because I'm doing it, and if you did it, it would be "smart shopping."
            And THAT, I'm guessing, is the absolute truth of the matter.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

well then I must be mega cheap, the majority of my cards were 20 for a english pound then I got 5 packs from the dollar store when those ran out....

your not cheap your smart, now more people get to recieve your holiday wishes!
              I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

Oh no, you're not cheap, you're frugal (yes, there is a difference). And I bow to you, you are a shopping ninja.

Don't ask me why, I just wanted to say that.
                A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                X