This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I read the sign...!

Self-sighting more than anything... I didn't put it in brain burps because I did what I was supposed to do!

Went to apply to a job at a little smoker's shop yesterday morning, and it was JUST after they opened. Parked a little ways away and walked up to find the entrance. On one door "No Entry." Hmm. On the other, "Door Locked, use Drive Thru." Umm... I looked around, no other doors or anything, but there are workers and a customer inside. So, I tap lightly on the window to get the attention of the cashier inside.

Me:
    C: Cashier

Me: Where's the door?
    C: ????
    Me: The doooooor... (trying to make myself understood through a window.. fun!)
    C: *frowns and looks more confused*
    Customer comes out the door that has the "Door Locked" sign on it. I feel dumb.
    Me: *opens door and goes in* I feel stupid. I read the sign, and didn't even try to open the door. But I guess that could be good at the same time, that I read, huh?
    C:

So yes. It's hard to feel stupid and smart at the same time. But I did it.
    Confirmed altoholic.

"I did knock!"
    "I know, and I heard you."
    (Good luck.)
    "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Honestly? Not a good impression since you were job seeking. I'd have simply hung around outside, out of sight, watching for anyone else to go in or and out and seen what the trick is.

Comment

Quoth One-Fang View Post
        Honestly? Not a good impression since you were job seeking. I'd have simply hung around outside, out of sight, watching for anyone else to go in or and out and seen what the trick is.
        Hah, yeah I know, that was fail on my part. Ah well, that place didn't work out anyway, and I'm in another place now. It might have drama of its own, it's already given me a bit of a runaround. *mutter*
        Confirmed altoholic.

Comment

Working...
        X