This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Buglady View Post
    . The Kenmore brand is contracted out to different manufacturers every year, almost always top name brands (Whirlpool was making Kenmore fridges for a while, for example).
    I wonder who made my parents' old Kenmore gas stove then. Big Stu's Stove And Hemorrhoid Wipes Factory?

That thing went through oven and burner ignitors like there was no tomorrow. Finally died just before Thanksgiving one year and they gave up on it and bought a different stove.

And it was harvest gold to boot. Whoever decided harvest gold would be a good color for appliances needs to be taken out to the back forty and shot.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I very rarely deal with customer service at our store, so I can't say what their normal service is like. I do know that the Wally Worlds around here are kind of hit-and-miss with return policy leniency. I know that this store has the more expensive machine I want. However, we've run into a snag with finances right now...both our paychecks this week have been smaller than expected, so we're going to see if we can get a gift card and buy the new machine next week when I have the extra to make up the difference.

Like I said a couple times, I'm not too worried if they don't allow the exchange or refund. It was my fault for not testing the thing on some old clothes or something right after Christmas, and for taking it out of the box and throwing the stuff away. I hope that separates me from the SC's here, willing to eat my mistakes instead of demanding that everyone else compensate me for my own stupidity! I'm hoping that my willingness to work with them to reach a solution will earn me points.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        And it was harvest gold to boot. Whoever decided harvest gold would be a good color for appliances needs to be taken out to the back forty and shot.
        Same person that came up with "avocado green". Which our ovens at the house still are. Actually, come to think of it, that color's still around, it's just called "sage" now!
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Honey, this one here is the one you want.

It's a Brother XL-2600I. It's a good machine and easy to use. I use a similar one (borrowed from the SO's mother) whenever I need to sew something.

Singer brand has really gone down hill in the last 10 years or so. If you can find a used one (20 + years old) get it because the old ones are still good.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Honey, this one here is the one you want.

It's a Brother XL-2600I. It's a good machine and easy to use. I use a similar one (borrowed from the SO's mother) whenever I need to sew something.
            Ooh, thanks for the info! If I can get either a gift card refund at Wal-mart or they refuse the exchange, I may have to order that one! If I need to do the exchange at the store, I'll still be getting a Brother, albeit an overly fancy one...

Comment

Brother also has a really good customer service number you can call if there's problems.
              Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Well my husband got a gift card exchange from Wal-mart, so that makes me happy. Now to figure out whether to get the new machine there or to use that gift card for groceries and such, and buy a machine elsewhere...

Comment

Working...
                X