This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I also got 55. Go me.

It's never occurred to me to count multiples of the same item as one item for purposes of checking out in the express lane. I guess I'm just weird like that.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Well dang! I only had 42.....
      Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
        Well dang! I only had 42.....
        Still too many for a 12 items or less lane
        "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

I also did the math in the title before I looked at the thread...and got 55.

Quoth Cassiepeia View Post
          If I were that teller I would have refused and told her to go to another register.
          Some places won't let the cashiers do that.

Trust me.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Everybody who got 55, would you please come explain to my students how you got it? They won't listen to me when I try to explain Oder of Operations Agreement!

<Primer: frustrated math teacher>
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

Let's see... one 6 pack + half a 4x4 + 3 lucky sevens + 5 4-packs in celebration = one very good night.

1 x 8 x 7 x 11 x 5 = A hell of a big number of days to be spent in detention for not knowing your operation orders [3080, or just under 8 and a half years]

Might give them something to think about...
              "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

Quoth KaySquirrel View Post
                It makes sense though. In terms of scanning only, you can probably scan the barcode of 459034908349034 of the same item once, use a quantity key, and the register will do the math just as fast, BUT your items take up way more room on the belt, and it takes ages to pack, and so on.
                Only works if you have a quantity key At my grocery store, there is no quantity key. You ring everything up as one item.
                Pit bull-

There is no breed of dog more in need of our compassion; in need of our call to arms on their behalf; and in need of what should be the full force of our enduring sanctuary.

Comment

My parents used to pick up a two-dozen tray of dog-food tins at a time. The tray made it easier to carry, and the supermarket we used at the time had a quantity system.

Comment

Let me guess. If the cashier had kicked her over to another line, and she had complained, it's the cashier who would have been reprimanded?

Comment

Working...
                    X