Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are you yelling at them in Spanish?

The scene is Taco Bell, the staff are clearly African descent and caucasian.

I get my food, my man's food, we sit at the closest spot to the cashier (andte drink machine lol). In walks a caucasian man, woman, and a Latino girl. The poor girl doesn't speak any English, and the man is totally silent.

The woman orders in Spanish. Not hard to understand quesadilla, taco, etc. and the cashier gets to it just fine. The food arrives.

W for Woman, Ca for Cashier.

W: This is NOT what I ordered.
    Ca: Ma'am, this is what I recall you saying, I'm sorry. What's wrong with it?
    W: I wanted (longer list of food than she ordered, as mah man and me heard all of it and quirked eyebrows).
    Ca: Okay, I have all of that except for the extra items here. If you'll come back with me to the register, I'll ring it up and discount as much as I can.
    W: AND INCONVENIENCE THE CUSTOMER?

And then she unloads on the cashier. The poor cashier obviously knows no Spanish, and the other employees are staring at Woman like she's posessed.

The Latino girl runs away crying, and the man sits there sipping his drink.

We ended up leaving, when a manager came around a corner and yelled BACK at the woman!

What the crap, lady, you saw they couldn't understand, and you were ridiculous.

Holy Crap... does this count as some sort of racism??
    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I don't see any racism. If you go to another country and don't even have a basic knowledge of pronounciation of the language, let alone can't speak it, you're gonna have problems. When I went to Spain there were many people that did not speak English and couldn't understand it either. It helped me a lot that I spoke and understood enough Spanish to get around.

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
        Holy Crap... does this count as some sort of racism??
        No no...

Basically this couple and a Mexican girl come in, the wife starts ordering in Spanish (for unknown reason, couple are as pale as I am), and cashier understands the numbers and products (taco, etc.).

Food come out, hubby and girl are seated. Wife claims not all food is there, and she ordered more. Wife refused to pay the difference (with discount) for the rest. Cashier tries to get her just to pay for the other food.

Wife freaks out, yells at cashier in Spanish, girl runs away crying for whatever unknown reason, hubby sits there drinking. Manager comes in, I leave before the end.

Comment

Your videos crack me up.

How come you always whisper into your headset when you're telling your stories with the lights real low???

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
            Your videos crack me up.

How come you always whisper into your headset when you're telling your stories with the lights real low???
            lol, Thanks! and I'm not whispering, my mic was set very very low when I started making vids. The newer ones are better and keeping the light boost off gives you a real-time stream of my hand motions =D

Comment

Quoth unholypet View Post
              The scene is Taco Bell, the staff are clearly African descent and caucasian.
              Quoth unholypet View Post
              Basically this couple and a Mexican girl come in, the wife starts ordering in Spanish (for unknown reason, couple are as pale as I am), and cashier understands the numbers and products (taco, etc.).
              Not that that hag would know if they were or not, but when you get down in the Caribbean, some of those islanders are black but speak Spanish.

She could have been Spanish. There's a lot of fair-haired, blue-eyed Spaniards out there and a lot of Celtic blood in them. There's a lot of people here that are extremely proud of their "pure" Spanish blood.

BTW, your videos are hilarious! What happened with the hag at Wally World?
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
                She could have been Spanish. There's a lot of fair-haired, blue-eyed Spaniards out there and a lot of Celtic blood in them. There's a lot of people here that are extremely proud of their "pure" Spanish blood.
                The reason I know she wasn't, was because when she and hubby spoke, it was your typical Tennesseean talk.

"We's ain't gott nuh tahme fer yer crazy taulke. Shu'uhp, Mildred."
                "You bes' be glad ah ain't yer momma, er ah'd be on yer hide fer that 'un."

BTW, your videos are hilarious! What happened with the hag at Wally World?
                She still works there, but is much more pleasant. =)

Comment

Ooo. Okey-dokey! Just wondering because it's not uncommon to see someone who's so pale they're clear speaking in flawless, fluent Spanish, and is obviously a native speaker.

Now if you need someone to swear like a sailor in Spanish....I'm your girl!
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I've seen a few Mexicans with light hair and pale eyes around here.

The wife was probably showing off for the girl. The girl was probably maxed out on the wife's insanity, which is probably why she ran away crying.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                    X