Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EPIC FAIL! A Charter Communications Story (LONG.)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Record Store Tough Guy View Post
    Hey, Marty, check out the Consumerist. There has to be a few stories there like yours, and usually they have pretty good advice as to what to do to get their attention and get your problem solved without resorting to SCness.

^_^
    I've read these, especially all the stuff about the great deals you can get when you threaten to leave and they want to retain you as a customer.

I had Adelphia (before Comcast bought them out). As I mentioned in another thread I finally dumped them; absolutely no effort of any sort was made to retain me.

I don't believe those stories anymore...

Comment

We've had our fair share if Charter problems and I will never go back to them. Ever. I don't care what specials they offer, what nice things they'll give me. I would rather deal with dial up and analog tv than deal with their bullshit ever again.

As it stands, we have AT&T U-Verse and it's loads better than Charter will ever be.
      Random conversation:
      Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
      DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Only reason why I don't like AT&T is because they make everyone pay a USF (Universal ServiceSlush Fee Fund)

It was a fee that was supposed to help rural areas get broadband.. but instead the money was wasted for corporate executives to play with, lobby government, sue local startups, etc.

Then again.. with such cruelty and dishonesty between AT&T and Charter.. it's 6 of one.. half dozen of the other.

At least Charter has faster speed lol.

Oh, and for phone service? I use Vonage VOIP. So Ma Bell gets no $$$ from me every month either! nyaa! lol
        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post

Then again.. with such cruelty and dishonesty between AT&T and Charter.. it's 6 of one.. half dozen of the other.
          l
          sounds like me with Qwest and Comcast... both companies suck, but Comcast is faster and slightly cheaper... and with my cell phone having unlimited minutes I have no need for any type of home phone service... welcome to the future.
          If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

My mom got me set up with Alltel's Quicklink Mobile, wireless internet data card thing (I know, I'm so technical). Wireless internets? Faster and cheaper than Charter? Hell yeah.
            Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
              sounds like me with Qwest and Comcast... both companies suck, but Comcast is faster and slightly cheaper... and with my cell phone having unlimited minutes I have no need for any type of home phone service... welcome to the future.
              That, and Qwest liked to randomly raise their rates on some friends of ours without any advance warning. That got dropped ASAP, and was the reason Hubby and I went with AT&T DSL when we moved into the same complex.

Here? University supplies free wireless to grad students and their families, and Hubby and I have had a family plan for our cell phones since we got married. Only phone lines we've had were for the DSL in the one apartment, and the free University-supplied one in the second apartment. None where we live now. And I like it that way. Telemarketer calls are few and far between.
              "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
              - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Working...
              X