Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes arsehole, you're the reason I'm limping. Thanks a lot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Chromatix View Post
    If you're *still* limping four years later, that would be GBH (Grievous Bodily Harm) in the UK, I believe. I do hope he got time for it.
    More than likely GBH with intent
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

People are crazy. If you have EVER had to deal with a tweak, you would know it is possible for one of them to go completely unhinged like that, so my guess is the guy was a tweak. Having lived near one and run into a bunch of them, when someone starts acting like that I get the hell out. Once the guy started damaging the machine, NGC should have just called 911 and gotten the hell out. If I was the poster, I would have grabbed my purse and gone to my car, then called 911 on my cell. But when I was young, I might have just stayed there, too, thinking things could not go as wrong as they did.
      Labor boards have info on local laws for free
      HR believes the first person in the door
      Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
      Document everything
      CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Since some are calling shenanigans, I didn't feel that anything needed to be included. I was only talking about the details of that day. I didn't know that people wanted to hear about the trial or arrested details.

I was in a lot of pain when the police and paramedics finally came up and don't recall what happened with him or much of the details at that time. I know that NCG had to wrestle to keep him down.

Comment

battery and damage to property, all for what, two or three dollars? this guy needs more than just jail, but the next step above anger management.

i'm more than just saddened by this...
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
            1. Immense pain can blur details a bit. My grandmother, who was in a serious auto accident in '94, knows all about that. She was left with serious injuries (two broken shoulders, burns, massive gouges, etc.), and was left in a daze after the wreck. She didn't wake up for a week later...and had no memory of what had happened. The only thing she knew, is that she somehow got hurt, and was in the hospital.
            A scary enough experience can do the same. I wasn't seriously hurt in the car accident I had three years ago, but I'm still missing bits and pieces of the memories. I still don't remember turning on to the road where it happened, and I don't remember seeing the other vehicle. I just remember what sounded like an explosion, and something pelting the side of my face, which I later realized was shattered bits of glass. When I talked to my one friend who didn't make it out with us, she told me she got a text message from me that said "I think someone hit me!" but I don't remember sending it.
            Sometimes life is altered.
            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
            Uneasy with confrontation.
            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Sakura - Drops View Post
              Since some are calling shenanigans
              My apologies for that, but we have had a couple of people sign up with incredible stories, only to find later that it was all made up.

I've read much less credible stories on here that have been lapped up like sweet cream and not even questioned once by the majority of members, so I don't know what it was about this one that didn't ring true for some.

It's unfortunate that the skepticism was brought out publicly, rather than by using the report button to alert a mod. It's not normally the way we welcome new members, so I hope this hasn't turned you off completely from posting in our forum.
              Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I believe the story.

I know, stop gasping. You'll choke on your gum.

When I was a kid, I fell off the trampoline because this kid let go of my hand and I went flying. Hit my head on the springs and wound up in the hospital. Don't remember what happened to the kids. Why? At the time, it wasn't important. I'm sure the OP felt the same way.

More along the lines of "OH MY FUCKING GOD!! IT HURTS!"

Ya know?

Welcome to the boards Sakura. I look forward to reading your future posts.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I believe as well. Some people may think something like that is far fetched or made up, but I highly doubt that. These days, pretty much anything is possible. Someone going apeshit in a laundromat? Absolutely possible.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

A back injury (as she mentioned pain in the lower back) could definitely inhibit the healing of the leg.

Okay, so what did happen to this guy? Did you get him put away forever and ever? I must know! I must know if he was put in his place!
                    Would you like a Stummies?

Comment

Quoth marty View Post
                      Okay, so what did happen to this guy? Did you get him put away forever and ever? I must know! I must know if he was put in his place!
                      You just wanna know if he got his just desserts.
                      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I *still* don't remember the actual crash when I had my car accident almost 3 years ago.

I remember starting my turn...and then the next thing I knew, I was in the wrong lane, facing the wrong way.

The only other thing is thinking that my truck was about to flip over, but I didn't know why.
                        I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

i'm reminded of one story over in "war stories" clicky... where the guy found out he was still banned from the restaurant, and waited in the lot with a weapon.

yes crazy people are out there who will attack people over small shit just cos they can't stand not getting their way.

i hope the police were rough on him.

Comment

I'm just glad to hear the guy got arrested. Sorry for the shenanigans bit, but generally a story that involves battery and a witness ends with "And he got married to Bubba and lived miserably ever after in cell 2A".
                            The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Hey, Sakura! Welcome to the boards, yo, and thanks for that...really, really depressing look at human nature.

So, I gotta admit, as a Psych major this board makes me weep when I see the textbook leap from the page.

How can anyone want to cause that kind of harm to another? How can anyone not be able to control their anger to that degree?

Thanks for posting Sakura, and welcome again! Hope to hear more from you soon.
                              If there’s one thing women love, it’s the guy that just can’t seem to find the line that divides “Ha Ha” and “Stacey, get your purse, we’re leaving before he comes back.”.

--Gravekeeper

Comment

I believe you.

I have seen people do a lot of crazy, terrible things in my life.

I'm sorry this happened to you and I, to, would be interested in, "The Rest of the Story." (Paul Harvey sprang to mind- sorry.)
                                "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                                HellGate: London

Comment

Working...
                                X