Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes arsehole, you're the reason I'm limping. Thanks a lot!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth PepperElf View Post
    i'm reminded of one story over in "war stories" clicky... where the guy found out he was still banned from the restaurant, and waited in the lot with a weapon.
    I read this same story on Bitterwaitress, a few years ago, before the revamp. The one thing that was different was that the person who threatened the waitress was some sports star, which, frankly, makes the words used when he was threatening her make more sense.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
      1. Immense pain can blur details a bit.
      For some it can focus you very quickly.

When I had my motorcycle accident and hit the pavement on my side I was intensely focused on everything going on: how coarse the asphalt looked as it slid by about 3 inches from my eyes, that it was taking a long time to stop moving, that I needed to tuck in my arms so nothing happened to them, how quiet everything was after the initial impact, etc. The entire sequence is still extremely vivid in my mind's eye and I remember every detail, including the two annoying questions the paramedics repeated over and over as I decided which hospital I was going to get checked out at.

Sorry about what happened to you Sakura. Hope the cane isn't a permanent accessory.
      Last edited by tphillip; 01-16-2009, 06:56 PM.

Comment

Hey Sakura, judging by what I've seen on the news here, I have no problem believing someone would be that much of an ass.

Quoth MadMike View Post
        A scary enough experience can do the same.
        My dad contracted bacterial spinal meningitis back in '88. By the time they finally diagnosed him, the doctors didn't know if he was going to live through the night.

Except for one stupid thing (a little bit of "King Solomon's Mines" starring Richard Chamberlin on tv), I've got a gap of several days in my memory.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

I can believe this. Heck, I don't remember anything about the accident that left me in my wheelchair. The last thing I remember about that night was my boyfriend parking the car and dashing into Walgreens to get me some ginger ale to calm my stomach(I had been at a party, but felt ill, so my boyfriend came and picked me up). That was about 15-30 minutes before the accident. Shock, panic, and a large jolt of pain can wipe out whole sections of a person's memory. You'd like to think you remember everything, but sometimes the brain says, 'Nope, sorry, I'm going to do you a favor and forget this ever happened.'

Comment

Chances are, such shocks tend to disrupt the process that transfers short-term to long-term memory, which are dealt with by different areas of the brain.

But do tell us what happened to the perp.

Comment

I believe Sakura, I believe she was stating the events of that day and I believe people can be that friggin' wacko.

Anybody remember when Kusanagi almost got beaten up over a leather sofa?

Okay, he totally pwned the SC both in fisticuffs and in front of the judge, but still, he got jumped OVER A LEATHER SOFA.

Many hugs and cookies for Sakura.
              Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

If I saw someone being a loose cannon putting my on their shit-list I sure as hell would be watching that door next time I heard someone going in or out of it. If they came at me with a bat they wouldn't have made it far past the door because I would have flung every chair in that place at him.
                Last edited by Ree; 01-19-2009, 10:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X