Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Irv, if the scratches aren't deep, you can usually polish them out. Shortly after buying my current Corolla, I clipped a post at work. End result was a nasty-looking white scrape on the fender. Most of that came off with nothing more than an old towel and some Turtle Wax. It's still there, but what's left is just on the clear coat. For now, I'm going to leave it alone.
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
      ... Start Driving with their Asscheeks instead...
      I just snorted mac and cheese.
      I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Once upon at time many years ago, I was walking to school, it was 1996, I stopped at the don't walk signal and waited for it to go green.

It turned green and I took a couple of steps out onto the road, as I did this a massive gust of wind came out of nowhere and threw me back onto the sidewalk, as I hit the pavement a car flew past me running the red light and getting a bit airborne at the same time, if I had kept walking I would have been creamed cause he was doing at least 100 in a 60 zone.

I cried all the way to school, should have turned around and gone home.

I thanked whoever was looking after me that day.
        I am but a tiny, barren, insignificant rock caught in the glorious orbit of your shining sun. Gravekeeper.

Comment

Convenient that I read this thread after getting back from an emergency dentist appointment. Which meant, of course, I had to brave the road full of idiots to get there.

First idiot decides that the passing only lane is the 'Match speed with the guy on the right going 10 MPH under the limit' lane. I'm in pain and this lane is for PASSING, you jackass, so pass or GTFO of the lane! Shouting that at him from my car didn't seem to help. But it made me feel better, anyway.

On my way back, I get Mr. Impatient behind me. He's trying to shove his Pontiac into my backseat (where it really will not fit) and continues to do so even when I've sped up to 10 MPH over the limit. Refuses to pass in the passing zones and won't back off. The real kicker is that when we reached a stop sign, for which I stopped and waited for traffic on the main road, he's blowing his horn at me the whole time I'm stopped. So, apparently I'm supposed to just ram cars with the right of way? Wouldn't that just slow him down more waiting for the wreckage to be cleared off the road?

Well, now I can get stoned on my little pain pills until the dentist can do a permanent fix. Yay. Work is soooo much fun when you're stoned. Not.

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
            Makes one dream of having one of the Twisted Metal vehicles to drive around....
            I call Minion!

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              Good point, my dear.

I stand corrected.
              Actually, here in NJ the only rules for driving are the ones you make up yourself! hahahahah

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                Actually, here in NJ the only rules for driving are the ones you make up yourself! hahahahah
                : P And that's why I used to be scared shitless of driving, and especially making left hand-turns. By scared, I mean, literally almost coming to a panic if I had to turn left at a signal with no left turn arrow. Heart pounding, sweating, the whole deal. Thanks Jersey.

Comment

Quoth evileatinggrasshopper View Post
                  By scared, I mean, literally almost coming to a panic if I had to turn left at a signal with no left turn arrow. Heart pounding, sweating, the whole deal. Thanks Jersey.
                  you should NEVER come to Utah then... that is the vast majority of our traffic lights...
                  then again, I'm the one who has no problem turning left onto State St mid block during rush hour, so those intersections don't bother me anymore (scare the crap out of my out of town friends who don't have as much confidence as I do though )
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Quoth evileatinggrasshopper View Post
                    And that's why I used to be scared shitless of driving, and especially making left hand-turns.
                    I'm more afraid of making right hand turns than left hand turns. Anywhere.

I guess that makes me "special".

However, I'd much rather make a left hand turn (at a busy intersection) with a traffic arrow. Makes me feel safer.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      (I called my dad about this and he suggested I submit it to my insurance company and tell them I have no idea how the scratches happened. I don't feel like lying to them. I was the one who made them happen, so I'll pay for it myself.)
                      Thank you for making the right decision on that one!

Not to mention, your deductible is probably at or below the cost to repair, so you wouldn't gain anything by filing a fraudulent claim.

I hate stupid drivers. With a passion. And why don't you just make the peanuts in the seasoning mixture alone? You might need to fool with the proportions a bit, but no reason why it shouldn't work!

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
                        Chicago can give yoiu a good run for that one too. I lived in the Chicago area for 12 years and stop signs, stop lights and traffic laws are just meer suggestions (in certain areas I KNOW that this is necessary but......)
                        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                        X