This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post office - the last straw

I've just about had it with my post office.

We are always getting other people's mail and quite often our neighbor gets our bills (they only check up on their property once every month or two). Sometimes, we don't even know where the bills went and have missed some in the past because of it but what I noticed last night was the final straw.

While walking the dog I walked around the front and I noticed what looked like a piece of paper under our welcome mat.

I go to check it out, it's an envelope that is addressed to a completely different number (hint: our number is on the front door) and the wrong street. The worst part?

It's from Paychex. Paychex is a company that handles payrolls. This is a company's paychecks for their employees. No one got paid at this company last week (or the week before depending on how long it's been there).

I don't know if it's my carrier or someone at the office but our office (a satellite location - pick ups only) refuses to do claims, even if I pick them up there. I have to drive to another town to make a claim there.

I wonder if I can make a complaint with USPS?
    Quote Dalesys:
    ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Yes. Can even do it online.

Comment

Absolutely you can. I had to do that years ago. But since my dad was a mail carrier, he gave me the back office number for our branch office. We didn't have any more problems with that carrier.

Now though, you might have a little more difficulty but state your case and be firm about what you want.

Comment

1-800-ASK-USPS is another option, though I wouldn't let them specifically take your complaint. I used to work for them. They were formerly handled by TeleTech (the people reknowned for their *hackhack* AOL customer service. You can ask them, though, to connect you to the postmaster and they should be able to get you through.
        "Oh, the strawberries don't taste as they used to and the thighs of women have lost their clutch!"

Comment

You can also walk into any main post office and ask to speak to the Postmaster. Tehy will try to direct you to other people and other ways of handling the complaint but you can still insist on the Post Master. It is their job to make things like this right. If that doesn't work, call the Postal inspecters about what you found. They are the postal service police and very good at getting things taken care of as well.

Comment

I second the Postmaster. I have an uncle who is a Postmaster and that is exactly the kind of thing to complain to a Postmaster about.

Comment

Working...
            X