Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They actually blocked the main news web sites yesterday at work, but let us watch it on the TV in the kitchen.

After his speech I just listened to it streaming on NPR (the forgot to block that one)
    "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
    "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Quoth edible_hat View Post
      That clearly shows a pro-terrorist bias!

Furthermore, I was in a store yesterday where there was a TV tuned to the Telletubbies, this clearly shows a pro-toddler bias!
      And you know ... toddlers are messy and sticky and like to say the word "no" a lot and are generally very very stubborn. Besides, you can't trust toddlers 'cos umm ... where was I going with this again?

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
        And you know ... toddlers are messy and sticky and like to say the word "no" a lot and are generally very very stubborn. Besides, you can't trust toddlers 'cos umm ... where was I going with this again?
        Scary thing is, those toddlers are better than most SC's.

just taking a stab in the dark.

Comment

How is anything NOT going to offend SOMEONE?

Comment

Quoth Can I Help Your A$$? View Post
            How is anything NOT going to offend SOMEONE?
            OMG I'm offended by that statement!!!!!11!!!eleventy!!!!

Comment

Dude, I work in a NEWSPAPER. And I didn't want to see the inauguration, and, even though I work in a place where news IS our work, I was able to not see it. It involved attaching a light to my phone and having my headphones going at full blast, but I was able to completely tune the whole thing out. So if I could do it, anyone could do it. So, they need to STFU.
              "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

Comment

Anyway, wouldn't actively NOT showing the inauguration piss off even more people. After all a majority voted for him, right?

Comment

Quoth draggar View Post
                  But - I always say with something like this:
                  "I don't care what your stance is / was - it's time to support (the president etc..)."
                  Exactly. You might not respect the person, but you respect the office.
                  It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

That's funny cause at Sam's Club people were BEGGING for the big screen display tv's to be tuned to the inauguration coverage. The tv in the breakroom was set on NBC & you could hear a pin drop when the president was giving his inauguration speech.
                    Last edited by Bright_Star; 01-22-2009, 05:12 PM.

Comment

Dude, I work in a NEWSPAPER.
                      I can understand wanting to escape the news!

And yeah, it's not hard to avoid it if you really don't want to watch it.

I personally don't have a TV (by choice) but ... well there's always the "off button" show, or ... go to a movie, read a book, just avoid being near a TV or if you have to go out in public just walk away from the tvs if you're offended.

come to think of it ... i dont think i've ever watched an inauguration, regardless of political views.
                      then again i don't have a tv, so i get bored when i'm stuck in front of one without anything else to do.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                        come to think of it ... i dont think i've ever watched an inauguration, regardless of political views.
                        You didn't even need a TV to watch this inauguration! Lots of the news sites were streaming it.
                        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                        X