X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I gotta get a beter housemate

A few stories about my housemate.

Background: Nice guy, but a bit of a know-it-all, seen-it-all, done-it-all.

1. My housemate went out and bought a new mouse for his computer today. When he walks in, I see that he's bought the exact same model that he's had for the last 8 months.

First thing out of his mouth is: "I'll give it a month, then pack the old one in and take it back."

Me:

I'm going to find the receipt and package as soon as he's back at work on tuesday and throw them out.

2. A couple of months ago, we decide that it's easier one night to go get maccas instead of cooking. So he goes up, through the drive-thru, and comes home.

He opens his bag, to find the fries are missing. Not a big deal, right?

You wouldn't think so with him. It was like they'd taken the holy grail from him. I couldn't believe the ranting and raving over a $2 container of potato strips.

He eventually calls them, to "inform" them of the oversight. The manager does the right thing, and tells him that if he goes up there (less than 2 minutes drive there and back), he will happily give him the chips. Myself, and I reckon everyone else here, would just say "Cool, see you in a couple". Not him.

He wanted them delivered! I ended up telling to him to shove his attitude where the sun don't shine, go up there and get his chips. Also to apologise for his ranting on the phone. I *think* he's got the point by now.

3. His tone of voice on the phone. Oh. My. God. If he called me with the tone he uses to call places, I'd be telling him I couldn't help him and hang.

He uses the most arrogant tone of voice for even a simple question, sort of along the lines of "I'm so good, and you know jackshit" tone. To people he knows, he's usually pretty good, just on the phone he makes me want to hit him.

Well, that's my rant over and done with. Hope I haven't bored you too much.
    This post has been brought to you by the IPF SC Neutering Campaign.

Had a friend like that, he changed, esp when I did a simple thing of recording how he actually sounds, well that and he got a job at office max, that changed him.
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

I can bitch all day about my roommates.

Unfortunately, they both belong to the forum so I can't. Oh well. That's what Blogs are for.

I do so enjoy reading the misery of others. Have any more stories?
      Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Working...
      X