Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

She be up in the gym, just workin' on her fitness...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• She be up in the gym, just workin' on her fitness...

She's my witness! (Ooh-whee!)

And she was. Just a short little sighting here, when I was working out this morning. I'd done one round already on a medieval torture/exercise device called a Jacob's Ladder, did other stuff on other machines and was getting ready for my second round on the Ladder when a trainer and his trainee or whatever you call them came round and apparently the Jacob's Ladder was next on the whatever's fitness regimen. I say this because as I was strapped in and just getting ready to start climbing, I heard her say...

"Well, don't you work here? Just tell him to get off!"

The trainer just sort of looked at her, and then turned to me and asked politely if they could use the Jacob's Ladder.

I agreed.

"I was going to put her on a stairstepper, but--"

She broke in, "But I whine a lot."

I looked at her. "You don't say."

And then I went to pull on a rope for ten minutes.

Boy, am I sore.
    Drive it like it's a county car.

we have trouble like that at my gym. The college kids don't like to follow the 30 min rule. During the summer the rule is okay to break cause all the kids are gone,so noone at the gym.

And the title reminds me of what I used to sing to my fat pommie dog......
    She be up at the gym snack bar working on her fatness...Shes pommiedelious.....

I know its stupid....

Comment

I would have said no, just to teach her whining won't get her everything. But then again, she would have dropped all that crap on the poor innocent employee.
      It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
      -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Sounds like my sister in law. She's ... well, we call her 'bossy', but it's more like "My way or the highway", I'm sure she'll be a great helicopter/soccer mom if she ever decides to have a kid...
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

I'm assuming by Jacob's Ladder you mean a piece of exercise equipment and the not the shocky thing that has an arc of electricity traveling up between two rods...

...And a quick search turns up that Jacob's Ladder is also a ropes course.

Anyway, at least she was honest (in a bitchy sort of way, about her bitchiness).
          Pretend there's something here that sounds insightful, but is really just some pseudo-intellectual bull.

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
            I'm assuming by Jacob's Ladder you mean a piece of exercise equipment and the not the shocky thing that has an arc of electricity traveling up between two rods...

...And a quick search turns up that Jacob's Ladder is also a ropes course.
            It's a sort of perpetual ladder. The faster you climb, the faster the rungs come around.

Comment

Hearing about episodes like this makes me glad I go to the gym in the early morning. Even the "resolutioners" aren't there at 5:30 AM.

Haven't been in lately though. Been sick. A cold or whatever I've got makes it really hard to drag my ass awake that early.
              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Skrae View Post
                I'm assuming by Jacob's Ladder you mean a piece of exercise equipment...
                I heard that, and immediately thought of this movie:
                http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099871/

The demons can have her
                Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                  Hearing about episodes like this makes me glad I go to the gym in the early morning. Even the "resolutioners" aren't there at 5:30 AM.
                  Currently it's a temporary location set up while they build the real deal across the road. When it's done, it'll have an Olympic pool, more exercise equipment than you can shake a free weight at, and it will be open 24 hours a day. I can't wait. I can't tell you how many times I've been seized with an urge to go swimming at 3:30 in the morning. It's just one of those things that we night shift workers have to deal with.

Comment

Quoth hauntedheadnc View Post
                    I can't tell you how many times I've been seized with an urge to go swimming at 3:30 in the morning. It's just one of those things that we night shift workers have to deal with.
                    Yup. Having worked grave I had a weird schedule.
                    I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

She broke in, "But I whine a lot."
                      To the trainer: I didn't realize you had classes for 3 year olds. Then give her www.customerssuck.com

i was going to say do that in front of the whiner but... then whiner would log in and try to get the poor employee fired or something like that.

but seriously... nothing wrong with telling whiner, "what are you, 3 years old?"

Comment

Working...
                      X