This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Taco Bell commercial - cringeworthy for Baristas

So tonight I'm watching my show, '10 items or less' on TBS.

I usually fast forward through the commercials, but this one caught my eye because I saw a coffee stand. (yeah, im pitiful)

I rewound and found a guy ordering a cappucino from a (deliberately casted) dumb looking dude, and says 'keep the change', and lays it out on the counter in front of him.

There is a requisite coffee-house tip jar on the counter.

A smart-ass taco bell 'hero' type comes up to tell the guy, 'Dude! do you know what you could get at taco bell for that change?'

Customer looks somewhat guilty, but snatches the change away, informing the barista-type that 'hey, all you had to do was push a button'. all smartassed by this point.

Nice.

I Fastforwarded through the rest...

Like service workers dont have to deal with enough garbage..they need commercials teaching idiots to steal back tips to run to taco bell and their cheap-change-food.

I took an ambien before I wrote this, so forgive me Im only semi-coherent, but I know you get the drift.

Oh, and no tipping debates, please..

This is about the ASSSY commercial, showing the kiddies to take back their tips and go to taco bell.
    Last edited by Peppergirl; 01-28-2009, 05:01 AM.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Agreed. I always change the channel whenever that commercial comes on.
    The New Orleans Saints are your 2009 NFL champions.

Believe dat.

Comment

The standard response to a take-back and comment like that should be a half-heartfelt "Stay classy".

Like people aren't cheap enough...
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I want an Ambien!!

<shuffles off wide awake with no Ambien>
        I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

I hate that commercial. i always make an effort of changing the channel if it comes on.

It's kinda like those Staples commercials that came out last fall, where customers tried to use the Easy Button everywhere else but Staples to get discounts, and of course they never worked. It was the one in the boutique with the $250 jeans that I hated the most. Just...the woman in that commercial angered me.

Comment

Urk. That commercial...gyaaaah...

OF course, there's a new one out, wherein Burrito Boy informs someone throwing coins into a wishing fountain of the wondrous goodness of Toxic Hell, and thus encourages him to dive into the fountain to retreive coins. I"m not sure that's much better...

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
              ......and thus encourages him to dive into the fountain to retreive coins......
              Perhaps that could be used as a tactic to...........................oh wait. I'm not supposed to say that.
              I know nothing and I can prove it!

Comment

Quoth Jadedcarguy View Post
                Perhaps that could be used as a tactic to...........................oh wait. I'm not supposed to say that.
                No rules against thinking it, though!!

<thinks very very very hard>

Hey! I think I inadvertently found my happy place!!

Comment

I think the stuffed suits that come up with this god-awful commercials should be forced to work in retail, with the suckiest of sucky customers. They wouldn't last a day.
                  Sometimes life is altered.
                  Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                  Uneasy with confrontation.
                  Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I saw that a few weeks ago and thought the same thing. Uggh.

On a semi-related note, Ambien gives me amnesia.

One time I woke up and discovered I had cleaned my apartment without even remembering!

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                      On a semi-related note, Ambien gives me amnesia.

One time I woke up and discovered I had cleaned my apartment without even remembering!
                      Okay I need a doctor to give me a prescription for Ambien and for you to visit me.
                      How was I supposed to know someone was slipping you Birth Control in the food I've been making for you lately?

Comment

I do love my Ambien. I haven't done anything I don't remember though. I wish I would clean in my sleep.

I did wish the coffee guy would have thrown creamer in both those idiot's faces.
                        Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Quoth Soulstealer View Post
                          Okay I need a doctor to give me a prescription for Ambien and for you to visit me.

Quoth Misanthropical View Post
                          I haven't done anything I don't remember though.
                          How would you know?

Comment

I tried to find the commercial on youtube, but no luck. Too bad, I like things to shout at (really, it's just as well)
                            A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                              How would you know?
                              My husband or children would have told me, so there.
                              Do not annoy the woman with the flamethrower!

If you don't like it, I believe you can go to hell! ~Trinity from The Matrix

Yes, MadMike does live under my couch.

Comment

Working...
                              X