This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The kids who mistook the store for a skate park

I know this is a rather bike friendly town for a town with a winter, but kids...you don't take your mountain bikes into the Grocery store and ride them through, picking up your food as you go. These aisles are very very narrow, and there's a cart in the way. You BETTER not sue the store when you run into that cart and go flying into the display case. I've actually seen people do this.

This mall is rather empty, but kids, get those damn skateboards and Rollerblades OUT of the mall! I know there's nothing to do for children in Suburbia, but that's really pushing it. You have some dedication to want to skate inside.
    Kangaroo Squee!

And Heelies!!! I can't count the number of times one of those little Heelies kids comes flying down the center of the aisle and barreling into whomever is shopping. Or knocking into the carts and the displays...

Comment

Same goes for wheelies. Sorry, but I hate these with a passion. And I'm always wondering if someone is going to stick their foot out as they roll by. I wouldn't myself, but I think about it.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Yurimaru View Post
        And Heelies!!! I can't count the number of times one of those little Heelies kids comes flying down the center of the aisle and barreling into whomever is shopping. Or knocking into the carts and the displays...

Yes yes and YES!!!! x eleventy! BINGO!!!

I fucking HATE Heelies. They need to be outlawed. Hopefully they WILL be outlawed WHEN (not IF) some kid plows over an old granny because they were going through at 150 mph and their parents were nowhere to be found.
        Think. It's not illegal yet.

Comment

Unfortunately, my current employer won't let us so anything about the Heelies. They do draw the line a skates, skateboards, and bikes, however.
          "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

yeah a lot of malls have banned those wheeled shoes... that way since they posted the signs that the shoes are not authorized in the mall, if you wear htem anyway and get hurt, the mall is NOT liable for your damages.

Comment

Quoth Yurimaru View Post
              And Heelies!!! I can't count the number of times one of those little Heelies kids comes flying down the center of the aisle and barreling into whomever is shopping.
              Tell me about it. I was in the Boardwalk Mall in Wildwood a few years ago, and saw some stupid kids riding them down the ramp. Thankfully, a mall cop came along and ripped them a new one.

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
              Unfortunately, my current employer won't let us so anything about the Heelies.
              Sounds like your employer is an idiot. Maybe he'll do something when some kid plows into another customer, who turns around and sues the company.
              Sometimes life is altered.
              Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
              Uneasy with confrontation.
              Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

I HATE Heelies!!!

When I was in the watch store, we had all these kids zipping through out displays with no regard to anyones safety. I asked them several times to stop, to no avail, til finally I said loudly enough for the 'rents to hear, "Fine, if you get it hurt its not our fault."

Parents looked pissed, kids stopped, the family left.

Whoever invented those heelies needs be lock up for a few hours with my two cats when they had way too much 'nip
                "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

Working...
                X