This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• smiley tears into a sucky delivery driver

OK, don't know whether this should be general work chat, or if this guy truly counts as an SC.

so, it's 11:30 at night, we have 30, yes 30, distressed passengers from Delta (that is important, trust me). Enter sucky pizza guy (hereafter known as SPG)

me- hi, how can I help you?
    spg- yeah, I've got to deliver to a room.
    me- ok, what was the room number? (he probably needs me to look it up, simple enough)
    spg- i don't know.
    me- (i knew it... if only) ok, what was the guest's name?
    spg- I don't know
    me- *glares*
    spg- I know it was a woman though.
    me- I'm sorry, that doesn't really help me that much. We have quite a few women staying here tonight.
    spg- well, they are paying with an airline voucher.
    me- that still doesn't help, we have 30 rooms here tonight using vouchers, about 10 are in women's names and that doesn't actually help because there is nothing to say the room isn't in a man's name and the woman in the room called.
    spg- well, can you call all of them.
    me- are you serious?
    spg- yes, I need to deliver this, if I go back again saying that I didn't get all the information I needed for a delivery I'll get written up.
    me- I'm sorry, but I am not going to call 30 rooms for you.
    spg- why not?
    me- For a few reasons, one I have more important things to do, two, I am not going to wake up 29 rooms to find the ONE that is still awake waiting for you.
    spg- but I can't go back.
    me- look, I'm not going to deal with 29 pissed off guests who have just been woken up when they have early morning flights because YOU forgot to check who you were actually delivering to.
    spg- well, what should I do?
    me- I'd suggest going back to the store, signing that write up you're going to get, and learning from the experience. Just because I'm also in customer service does NOT mean that I will be willing to save your ass when you don't do your job properly. And to be perfectly honest, you give all customer service people a bad name... people have it in their mind that we are all incompetent and don't give a crap about our jobs, then you have to go and reinforce the stereotype... now if you don't mind, you are not a registered guest, you can not identify the registered guest who has invited you on the property, I'm afraid I'm going to have to ask you to leave until you are either renting from us or invited on property by someone who is.
    spg- fine, see if your guests ever get a quick delivery from me again. *walks out*
    me- don't worry (competitor) takes vouchers too... we can always recommend they call them instead... have a nice night

seriously, you'd think someone with even half a brain would realize that he screwed up and he isn't going to get bailed out... the truly sad thing is that he probably blames me for his write up and didn't learn a single damned thing from it.
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Oh My! Wake up 30 people to find the right one? They would have your head on a stick!

You should call the Dominos manager about the threat of slow delivery. No sense letting him piss off your guest so you have to deal with them.

Comment

Quoth Imprl59 View Post

You should call the Dominos manager
      does it say something about Domino's that I never actually mentioned in the post that it was Domino's, but people are guessing (correctly) that it was Domino's

And yes, Papa Johns does also accept vouchers, they are much quicker, and they have much friendlier drivers... we have started normally recommending them anyway before the idiot driver last night.
      If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

i agtee with smiley

damn that hilarious smiley!!! good job of ignoring the dominos guy and why didnt you call papa johns.....anyways, u should have flip him off and say "go get written up" i hope u get fired.....a** hole anyways, i hope you have a good rest of ur week and enjoy ur weekend

Comment

Smiley,
          You are assuming that this guy is for real. Here in Chicagoland a few years back there was a hotel rapist who gained access to rooms by claiming to be a delivery boy.

Good to see that your BS meter was working properly.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth smileyeagle1021 View Post
            does it say something about Domino's that I never actually mentioned in the post that it was Domino's, but people are guessing (correctly) that it was Domino's

And yes, Papa Johns does also accept vouchers, they are much quicker, and they have much friendlier drivers... we have started normally recommending them anyway before the idiot driver last night.
            woah wait he was dominoes?
            oh kay send him to me ill kick his ass.
            unless he actually took the order him self he has a damn tag either on his arm, his chest or in his car that has the customers name, and the number they called in with and it will be on the boxes too. he might also have the room number on their.
            If he cant read hes an idiot.

Comment

Quoth Sliceanddice View Post
              If he cant read hes an idiot.
              if he can't read its illegal for him to run delivery as he cannot read regulatory signs.
              not to mention it would make reading street names sorta hard

Comment

Quoth Cyphr View Post
                if he can't read its illegal for him to run delivery as he cannot read regulatory signs.
                not to mention it would make reading street names sorta hard
                Which might explain the logn delivery time. "Hello boss, I drove by a green house I'm lost. What's the street name? Streets have names?"

Comment

I agree that something wasn't right there. Nothing would have stopped him from calling work and finding out who he was supposed to deliver to. He might have still gotten in trouble but it wouldn't have been as bad since he would have delivered the pizza.

Comment

Papa Johns taste better anyways.

I dunno why, or how they do it, but even the CHEESE is better!
                    Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
                      Papa Johns taste better anyways.

I dunno why, or how they do it, but even the CHEESE is better!
                      Because I'm pretty sure at Domino's the word 'cheese' is strictly for reference, not an actual description.

Comment

Mmm... Papa John's. I pour their garlic sauce onto every food that could conceivably be enhanced by garlic sauce.
                        Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

Are you guys ready to be jealous?

PJ's is one of our national travel accounts, and there is a store next door to our work.

We get half-off everything. Yum!

'Course, we work mostly from home now so I havent been able to take much advantage, but I do love it so when Im there!
                          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Certainly, let me start on the first room...

Picks up phone, dials Dominoes, explains situation to boss while delivery guy turns a lovely shade of purple.

Comment

Hey now, be nice. I used to drive for Domino's.

But I love the empty threat. He wasn't delivering pizza to Smiley, he was delivering it to someone he'd never see again. So slow delivery in the future will only reduce potential tips, unlike if he were delivering to Smiley directly and knew he'd get a reduced tip regardless. But then, this guy has already proven himself to be an idiot.
                              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
                              X