This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You're kidding, right?

The weather has broke here for what I'm assuming will be a few days. Temperatures have gone from the teens to the mid 30s, low 40s. Whoa, look out! Heat wave!

Everyone and their mother is washing their car. Understandable. If you plan on doing so, give yourself sometime. I thought I did, but obviously not enough to deal with this situation.

Scene: Two bay automatic car-wash operated by a local gas station .The kind of car wash you can pay for at the pump or at the front of the bay. One bay is touchless (all jets) the other is soft cloth. I don't really care which bay washes my POS 95 Chevy Beretta...I just want it clean!

I'm in the soft cloth line first, then, I make the same mistake I make at grocerie stores, I move to the line I thought was moving quicker. To the right of me is a curb, grass and small embankment. To the left of me are three cars waiting for the other bay. Behind me there are two more cars. I'm stuck. No biggie...until...

The car in my bay moves out. The next one moves in, we all move up. No problem. Until it appears that the bay is not operating correctly. This is evident because the car in there is just sitting and no magic is happening. So, what does this car do? Leave and talk to the attendant for a resolution? No. I wish it were that simple, I wouldn't be posting.

The car in the bay proceeds to pull forward and back, forward and back, forward and back, forward and back, forward and back, forward and back, forward and back, forward and back.... OH. MY. GOD. You're kidding right?

I'm trapped. The guy ahead of me presses the call button on the box where you pay and starts explaining to the powers-that-be the situation...all the while the car in the bay is pulling forward and back, forward and back,

I'm trapped. The car in the bay is NOT figuring out it's not working in the meantime the line next to me, the one I was in originally...is moving along just fine with cars still moving into that line because it's working. However, there is still a car behind me and a curb I'm not willing to jump next to me to escape.

And the car in the bay....forward and back....

I mean, it felt like FOR. EVAH. However, I know that it was probably only a few minutes....but finally, the car in the bay got it through their thick skull that it was not working. By this time, the car behind me moved to the next line giving me my out!

GAH!
    Last edited by friendofjimmyk; 01-31-2009, 11:55 AM.
    "I'm still walking, so I'm sure that I can dance!" from Saint of Circumstance - Grateful Dead

Moving your car back and forth only makes the problem worse.

It messes up the sensors and the entire system gets confused.

When assmonkeys used to do this at the 'Lounge (always at the worst possible times!), I'd have to go out and manually reset the carwash.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Kinda sounds like my trip to the ATM last night. The mini van in front of me had its emergency flashers on when I pulled up. That should have been my first clue. The mini van had a cheerleader bumpersticker on it. That should have been my second clue. The car in front left and the mini van pulled up to the ATM. And then proceeded to just sit there for an eternity. Finally, the driver's window was lowered and this woman leaned waaaaay out - and pulled a deposit envelope from the dispenser. Then she disappeared back into the car. After another eternity, she finally popped back out, and again leaned waaaay out to put in her card and - finally - begin her transaction. She just kept pushing buttons and pushing buttons, paused for a few minutes and then began pushing buttons again. Finally, she put the deposit into the machine and then began pushing buttons again. Then she accepted some cash from the machine. Got back into the mini van and - instead of leaving - popped out and got ANOTHER deposit envelope. After several minutes she began another deposit - and all this time I was sitting there about to lose it on her. I don't know why people are not prepared when they reach the ATM - especially on Friday night. Everybody seems to need cash on Friday night. I, on the other hand, already had my deposit ready (IN THE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT DEPOSIT ENVELOPE) because I keep a few extras in my glove box so that I don't have to hold up all the people behind me. By the time she left, there were cars backed up in line clear around the corner of the bank. Some people should not be allowed out in public without a babysitter.
      "I guess they see another cash cow just waiting to be dry humped." - Irving Patrick Freleigh

Comment

Quoth freeatlast View Post
        I don't know why people are not prepared when they reach the ATM - especially on Friday night. Everybody seems to need cash on Friday night. I, on the other hand, already had my deposit ready (IN THE COMPLETELY FILLED OUT DEPOSIT ENVELOPE) because I keep a few extras in my glove box so that I don't have to hold up all the people behind me.
        My wifes bank dispenses deposit envelopes when you make a deposit, no way to get extras to keep in the glove box or at home.

Quoth friendofjimmyk View Post
        Until it appears that the bay is not operating correctly. This is evident because the car in there is just sitting and no magic is happening.
        I was stuck in line at a car wash because the car inside the bay had one of those wheelchair trays that attaches to your towing hitch on their car. The wash uses lasers to sense when it reaches the end of the vehicle, but in this case, it didn't see the tray. So the arm rotates to do the back of the vehicle and hits the tray. Everything stops, took about 15 minutes to get staff out there to get the doors to open and release the car in the bay.

Comment

Working...
        X