This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ZOMG, need panties!!! NOW!!!

So, EQ and I were out shopping today, and we hit a store that specifically serves women of my, <ahem> curvature. EQ found random things for me that I couldn't afford but were cute, and as we're shopping, (in different areas of the store, mind you), we hear the sweet, dulcet tones of (hahahaha, couldn't type that with a straight face!!!) of a woman screeching:

"EXCUSE ME! COME OVER HERE AND CHECK ME OUT!! YOU THERE, UNDERWEAR GIRL!!"

EQ and I automatically turned and caught each other's eye, and I'm fairly sure we had identical looks on our faces.

And the woman kept on going!!

"HELLO?? HELLO?? OVER HERE!!!" (and yes, caps are necessary to detail the sheer volume she was speaking with!)

EQ and I drifted towards each other and, naturally, had a huddled convo about the EW.

EQ: Well, rude much?
    Me:
    EQ: I'd smack her, but we'd probably get kicked out...
    Me: I need my bras and panties first!!!
    EQ: CS??
    Me: My post or yours...?
    EQ: Yours, we'll hit your house first.
    Me: Ok!!

so, I checked out, and we went to lunch, then came here!

EQ says she was so tempted to give the cashier the website name, but the end of the convo between the EW and the employee boggled both our minds!!

The cashier told the woman she needed to work part time at the store!!! Then she wouldn't have to worry about spending all her money, that working there would finance her "habit" because apparently the EW is there all the time.

Me:
    EQ:

the thought of THAT being an employee...? I don't see her grasping customer service concepts very well...but hey, then she'd probably be prime manager/corporate material!!

THE END!!!

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post

The cashier told the woman she needed to work part time at the store!!! Then she wouldn't have to worry about spending all her money, that working there would finance her "habit" because apparently the EW is there all the time.

Me:
    EQ:

the thought of THAT being an employee...? I don't see her grasping customer service concepts very well...but hey, then she'd probably be prime manager/corporate material!!

THE END!!!
    Ugh...some of our managers will tell customers that as well! Um NO - i can just see what kind of employees they'd make once they found out that a. you have to actaully work, including clearing and cleaning the fitting room, taking out the trash. picking up the employee "lounge" and so on. and b. it's not just about the discount, and c. the CUSTOMER is our main focus, not how many items you can try on during your shift! many of these ladies are QUITE entitled, and would last, oh, maybe an hour.

Comment

Quoth Catwoman2965 View Post
      Ugh...some of our managers will tell customers that as well! Um NO - i can just see what kind of employees they'd make once they found out that a. you have to actaully work, including clearing and cleaning the fitting room, taking out the trash. picking up the employee "lounge" and so on. and b. it's not just about the discount, and c. the CUSTOMER is our main focus, not how many items you can try on during your shift! many of these ladies are QUITE entitled, and would last, oh, maybe an hour.
      Yeah, we've had some similar issues with people wanting to work in Textbook Hell. most notably, we've had 3 people quit this last semester because they were hired and discovered the employee discount wasn't as high as they expected, or they didn't get free books or that they actually had to work. And sometimes it IS backbreaking work, hauling books, stocking shelves. We also have to keep the store neat, the GM stocked, the bathrooms cleaned, etc. And that's on top of helping all the customers find books, locate classes, and so on.

I know for a fact, one girl quit after 3 days because she felt that it was unfair she wasn't allowed to keep her cell phone at the register so she could text people when she wasn't busy. (no personal items on the floor or at registers PERIOD, and if it's not busy, start cleaning and restocking. Store policy!) She also didn't like that the law requires you to work 4 hours before qualifying for 1 fifteen minute break. She was on the clock for 3.5 hours her first day of training, and she asked when she was getting a lunch break and how long it would be!!

Oy...EWs...<Shudder twitch>

Comment

Some people are just not cut out to be part of the human world.
        Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I wouldn't be able to work a "normal" job. I'm waaay to lazy. Luckily I have my players I can torment.
          http://www.deezer.com/#music/album/100130
          Melody Gardot

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            Some people are just not cut out to be part of the human world.
            Or...any world...really...

But until my plan for banishing them all to an asteroid a la Jonathan Coulton style comes to fruition, what can we do, but take refuge and solace in places like this site?

Comment

Working...
            X