This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I don't work to pay for your food!

This is my first time posting, but I’ve been reading on this site for weeks!

This didn’t happen to me, but I was in line watching.

I’m about 3rd in line at everyone’s favorite doughnut/coffee place when this ‘normal’ looking guy orders a coffee and doughnut. The employee (an experienced one who had been there a while) brings his order and gives him the total. He begins counting-out his money and exclaims “Oh, I’m short.” He then looks at the tip cup and reaches his hand in saying “I’ll just use this” and pulls-out a dollar, laughing like it’s a joke. The employee has a look of disbelief on her face as he puts the tip in with his money. There was a sudden hush through the rest of the line. The employee (kudos to her!) grabs back the dollar and stuffs it back in the cup, then pulls the cup away saying “Oh no you’re not, I don’t work 40+ hours a week to pay for your food!” The guy’s neck turned red and he ended-up only buying the coffee and slinking out of the store to catcalls of ‘Serves you right!’

I put a big tip in the jar after that!
    "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

yeah seriously wtf?

Comment

Kudos to that employee

Also, to Evil Queen has the cookies, Jester has the booze. Everyone has brain bleach
      "Oh, by the way..." All of my HATE

Ou kata nomon = Not according to the accepted norm

Comment

People like that never think anyone will ever confront them on their behavior. Sadly, they are very often correct about that.

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
          People like that never think anyone will ever confront them on their behavior. Sadly, they are very often correct about that.
          And the lingini-spined management will back them and not the staffers who just got screwed.
          I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
          -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Mad props to that employee!!!
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Amazing. I don't know what's better, the fact that she stood up for herself, or that he had the balls to do that.

I love how people were heckling him as he left.

Comment

First off, welcome.

Second, to the employee for standing up for herself, and to you and the rest of the crowd for heckling the douchebag when he left.
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

W00T!

A bit to the employee for putting that arse in his place, and you lot for catcalling him. Hopefully he'll learn his lesson.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I leave a tip for the employee, not to supplement some thief's income.
                    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
                    HR believes the first person in the door
                    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
                    Document everything
                    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
                    X