This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The ULTIMATE "Do not" at subway

Back on December 1st, I walked to one of the >9000 Subways in town to say 'hi' to a former coworker. There's a handwritten sign saying they will NOT take any party orders that are not ordered and paid for in person. I ask why (it's already slow, being 8:30 PM before the 8:57 Stampede) and they say this.

During the month of November, they received a party order over $400. The person says they'll pick it up about 2 hours before closing. They wait...nothing. They close, have the 5-minutes-to-closing Stampede, nothing. Everyone but the manager leaves for the night, and after an hour she just says "**** it" and donates the food to the Homeless shelter.

Then the day before thanksgiving, they receive a party order that's only $50 and the person doesn't show up or even call to cancel it, so that of course wound up becoming Thanksgiving Dinner for the Homeless.

I have to say that's FAR worse than when people were giving us expired coupons that were exact duplicates of working ones.
    Kangaroo Squee!

It's a sucky thing they did, but at least it wasn't wasted, and people that needed it were fed by it.
    whohatesshrimp?

Comment

true at least the food isnt wasted

too bad they couldnt still charge the buttmunches who ordered it though

but hopefully they were smart and used the cost of the order towards the business taxes as a charitable donation

Comment

They probably did. *shrugs*
        Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

On the other hand, I'd feel more good about myself than angry, because I'd be helping out the hungry.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

This my friends is why the hotel industry always gets a credit card to reserve a room. Oh of course we want to believe you that you will be here at 4pm on the 14th, but let's be honest, we can't afford to hold rooms on the promise of a random voice on the phone. We need something to back it up, like the either you call us before 4pm on the 14th to tell us you aren't coming or you pay for the room anyway.
            If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
            X