This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Said a NEW One!

This just happened today. I was in Gamestop hoping to get myself a couple of new study distractions when I encountered this...specimen.

Now, anyone who's been in a Gamestop knows that the game cases usually aren't shrink-wrapped; staff takes the discs/carts out of the cases to minimize shoplifting. I hope our fellow gamestore CSers can vouch for me; I'm guessing this is how it works there...

This lady was thoroughly convinced the new Guitar Hero: Decades game for DS wasn't "new" because it was shrink-wrapped like WM games are. Even though there's one of those white "NEW" stickers on the case.

She asks the guy behind the counter to find her a "new" one, but the one she had was the last copy, and it was indeed new, even though it's not in plastic. Lather, rinse, repeat, condition for about 5 minutes.

She finally decided she hated the guy's attitude because he "didn't seem to care for the customer" and left. I happily snapped up the unwanted game, the poor dear didn't deserve such abuse.

But seriously...I don't think I've seen anything quite like that.

Love your icon!!

Comment

not so much with games like guitar hero but... back when i played online games like everquest....

i refused to buy them from any store that had opened the game already. i understood why they'd done it but there were a lot of people also complaining that they purchased a game and opened the account, only to find the keycode had already been used.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        not so much with games like guitar hero but... back when i played online games like everquest....

i refused to buy them from any store that had opened the game already. i understood why they'd done it but there were a lot of people also complaining that they purchased a game and opened the account, only to find the keycode had already been used.
        Aye, and now you know why they don't take computer games (or MMOs) back in trade at all.

Nashida: I'm a former 'stopper. You are precisely correct. That is indeed why they gut the games.
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Side note, Best. Icon. Ever.

Comment

I bet that woman also searches the clearance bins at stores...and then complains because the packaging is beat to hell. Never mind that it was a new item
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I'm willing to bet she would. It's just dumb. But then I look at the banner at the top of the page here and remember where I am.

@Skandron and Fenig...thank ya. Miguel is love.

Comment

Working...
              X