This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Almost Sucky

Basically, I had to get some things for the company at Target. So I was using the company monies.

Anywho, the cost was really low for all the stuff I bought, so I checked the receipt. Something happened and half the items didn't ring through.

SHOULDER ANGEL VERSION:

I could have just left, since the cashier didn't notice, but that would be stealing. I have a conscience. Also, the cashier could get in trouble for it. Just not the right thing to do.

SHOULDER DEVIL VERSION:

Ain't my money. Why should I steal for the company when I won't even get a cut?

Either way, since the cashier had a long line, I went to Customer Service, explained the situation, showed her my receipt, let her check all the bags, and ring through what didn't get scanned. Paid, left, and turned in the change and both receipts.
    "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Good for you! You took the higher road, and I salute you for that
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

^w^

The person at the CS desk thanked me a lot for coming back. Would've been easy to get away with, but I believe in Karma and don't much feel like getting hit by a bus anytime soon.
      "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        ^w^

The person at the CS desk thanked me a lot for coming back. Would've been easy to get away with, but I believe in Karma and don't much feel like getting hit by a bus anytime soon.
        But would a bus really hurt that giant truck you've been driving?
        Labor boards have info on local laws for free
        HR believes the first person in the door
        Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
        Document everything
        CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
          But would a bus really hurt that giant truck you've been driving?
          I'm actually driving a different giant car. A Suburban.

You fail to realize how much I love that Suburban.

Also, I was using my own dinky little Suzuki Sidekick. THAT would have hurt. Soooo much...

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
            I'm actually driving a different giant car. A Suburban.

You fail to realize how much I love that Suburban.

Also, I was using my own dinky little Suzuki Sidekick. THAT would have hurt. Soooo much...
            Bye bye little Sidekick. We barely knew ye.
            Labor boards have info on local laws for free
            HR believes the first person in the door
            Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
            Document everything
            CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

The Suzuki's okay. Just 15 years old. *patpat*

Comment

Working...
              X