This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Becks View Post
    I sincerely hope not. I've been going grey since I was 12.
    My mom was 16 when she started going grey. Now she is 38 (I'm 20) and people think she is my age.
    Go figure. =[
    "But the pharmacy was here this morning...!"

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
      I sincerely hope not. I've been going natural blonde since I was 12.
      Edited for tactfulness.

Rapscallion

Comment

I love to go to Wegmans and alcohol. They too have the policy of "everyone needs to be carded". YAY! I feel so young when they do that. (I'm 36 btw).

Comment

Quoth Rapscallion View Post
          Edited for tactfulness.
          Bless your kind heart.

Truthfully, I was born a blonde (and prove it at least once a day!), and still have blonde streaks in my hair when I don't dye it.
          Unseen but seeing
          oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
          There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
          3rd shift needs love, too
          RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
            I sincerely hope not. I've been going grey since I was 12.
            For real???

Are you sure you're not just being a natural blonde right now?

(ducks and runs away)
            "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I still get carded for smokes half the time at 28. If I knew my secret...

The last time it happened, I was in short sleeves. My right are is tattooed up completely so when the lady asked for ID, I pointed to my arm and said "Are you serious?" Not to be a dick...just joking...
              She reply's "Hey, if your parent will sign for you, you can get a tat under 18"

"Yeah but if my mom would...she's a shitty mom...and she would probably let me smoke then..."

We both laughed, I pulled out the ID and then she commented me on having a really unrealistic birth date on my "obviously" fake ID. Pretty cool chick...
              "Beatings will continue until morale improves!"

Comment

I visited Florida last year with hubby and the kids and I had been told that if you look under 40 while purchasing alcohol you'll be asked for ID. So I carried my passport at all times. Not once people, not one time was I asked for ID and I'm only 35!! I was gutted and now feel in the need for an extreme makeover!

Comment

I never let tattoos and babies be "proof of age" when I was a gas station clerk.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Believe it or not, I've only been carded once or twice, even when I was BARELY over 18. But the only adult things I buy are lotto. I guess they just don't take IDing as seriously for lotto as they would cigs and beer?

Incidentally, I remember seeing this one greeting card where this woman (who looks about 30s-early 40s; it's a cartoon though) is saying to herself "Yes!!" after a clerk asks for ID. I don't remember what it said exactly though...

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                      For real???
                      Yep. Genetics courtesy of the paternal side of my Mommy's family.

Are you sure you're not just being a natural blonde right now?
                      Maybe. *looking shifty*

On a serious note, it took me a long time to get the MOTH© to realize that aside from the blonde in my hair, I also had grey and silver. I don't recall what got him to finally tell the difference.

(ducks and runs away)
                      No fair. I can't chase after you!!
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

I keep getting asked for ID here and the cutoff age is 20. I'm 34 years old!! Gee thanks for the compliment that I look 14 years younger than I am but I find it a little doubtful.

But whatever. I just show my ID and get on with my life. I don't understand these people that get all mad about it. I think they're probably hiding something!
                        It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Working...
                        X