This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth wagegoth View Post
    I have to say, I've never heard of a BMW body made of plastic. It seems likely that was some kind of after-market kit. My last BMW I lost to an accident. It didn't even look damaged from outside, but it was screwed underneath.
    It was the bumper that was scratched, they're a plastic 'fascia' with a heavy reinforcing bar behind that.
    Lady, people aren't chocolates. D'you know what they are mostly? Bastards. Bastard-coated bastards with bastard filling. Dr Cox - Scrubs

Comment

$1900 to fix a scratch is insane. My car is just over a year old. A little over a week ago, my car door got clipped by a car while my girlfriend and I were unloading the it (guy missed my g/f by inches and was arrested under suspicion of being drunk, I don't know if was legally intoxicated or not but he had definitely been drinking). The door is out of shape and barely closes, the window barely goes down, and there's two very large dents; one where he hit the door and another where the door folded on itself.

My insurance company's estimate for replacing the door, including the necessary paint job to make it all match properly? $1700. Other guy's insurance doesn't think the door will need to be replaced, and estimated the cost to fix at $1350. Given that, I highly doubt it would cost $1900 to fix a scratch.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        Well, it is a BMW. Unless you are in Germany, if something goes wrong with your BMW you might have to hock body parts to get it fixed because there are fewer parts available and fewer garages familiar with a Beemer's inner workings.

Then again, is doing body work on a BMW that much different than doing body work on a Chevrolet? I ask this knowing nothing about auto body repair.
        The type of car shouldn't make too much of a differnce price wise for a paint scratch.

Since there wasn't a police report, he's shit out of luck to try to get her to pay. She may want to do a police report though, to show what's going on, since it sounds like he may try to harass her into paying.
        "Man, having a conversation with you is like walking through a salvador dali painting." - Mac Hall

Comment

Working...
        X