This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Kind of Broke the Rules...

So yeah, this is sort of a self-sighting, maybe not because we had extenuating circumstances and asked nicely.

My sister was visiting me from home (I go to school about an hour away) with her boyfriend and a friend of ours. Saturday, I asked her to drive me out to Wal-Mart so I could get ingredients to make pie the next day. She agrees, and suggests we get lunch while out. We decide to get takeout from a Chinese place down the road from Wal-Mart, and go on our merry way. I call in the order after we checkout, and she stops to get gas on the way because we have about 15 minutes to kill. Pulling out of the gas station, she realizes that she now has a flat tire. Joy. Luckily, we are still right by Wal-Mart and its Tire and Lube Exress.

Not wanting the restaurant to wait however long a new tire would take, we pop on the spare and drive about 1/2 mile down the road to pick up the food. We come back to Wal-Mart and drop off the car, then try and find a bench or something to eat at. We found nothing, and so we did the only thing we could think of... We took it to McDonald's.

I know it is a cardinal rule to not bring outside food into another restaurant, but we were a little out of options. We were all really hungry, and we weren't going anywhere for at least 45 minutes. So, we took our big bag of takeout goodness to the McDonald's inside Wal-Mart, explained the situation, and asked nicely if we could eat at one of their tables. It was about 3 in the afternoon, so it wasn't very busy, and they had no problem with it, but I still felt pretty guilty afterwards.

i see no suckyness

you weren't mean to them and asked nicely... they said "sure".

glad you got to eat

Comment

You didn't break any rules. You asked first. That kind nulls and voids the "no outside food" thing.

I remember many years ago when the Pizza Hut and McDonalds managers near here were both told off by their firms. Sick of their own company's free lunch every day they would get together at lunchtime and swap.

Comment

You asked and got permission.

Nothing wrong there.
        Unseen but seeing
        oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
        There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
        3rd shift needs love, too
        RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

all is fine by my view

u asked they said ok......and all is well with the world
          We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

In the walmart where I live there is a Mcdonalds inside of it. But yeah I don't really see the suck.

Comment

Working...
            X