X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Subway Is A Dumb People Magnet!

I swear...

And no, this is not a slam to anyone who works there, or any of the delightful members of this board who, like me, love Subway and are stoked about the $5 footlong promotion. Because obviously we know how to behave like normal people in public and we know how things go at Subway.

But in all honesty, out of all the places I frequent, the dumbest people go to Subway. The trashiest people go to Wal-Mart, the people with the biggest inferiority issues go to McDonalds......and yes, the stupid all go to Subway.

I don't understand what is SO hard about going into a Subway and getting into line where the signs says "Line starts here"

I don't understand why it's SO HARD for some people to say how big of a sub they want, what kind of bread, and what kind of meat.

And you dumbass from today.....yellow cheese? You're from Wisconsin and you don't know that it's called cheddar cheese? Did a really large tree fall on you when you were a child? Or rather, did you fall down a really large stupid tree and hit every branch all the way down a few times?!

And you stupid old man with the walker.....yeah yeah we all feel bad for you that you're a fragile little old man with a walker and a cough that could scare Death himself....but to think it's ok to play with your walker while you stand in line and smack me and the girl in front of you with your walker? There are no more words....

And this is just DAY ONE of my lay-off from work....I can only imagine how many stories I'll have this week...
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Not dumb, just needs to READ the board...

I will NEVER set foot into a Subway sandwich shop ever again. Why? Because on the two occaisions I did, I stayed a respectful distance away from the queue to try to read the menu board.
    [ Think about it. If you've never been in a Subway, would you KNOW what a "standard configuration" is for a given sandwich? ]
    On both occaisions, the "sandwich maker" was less than patient when I requested that particular items be omitted, and informed me that I didn't have to say what I *didn't* want, but rather what I *did* want. It was not a pleasant, welcoming experience (this was over 15 years ago, btw) and I haven't been back since.
    If you aren't familiar with the culture of a chain restaurant, it's very off-putting to be ridiculed for asking questions about it on your initial visit. It's not like there was a webpage to consult back in 1992 <feeling VERY old now >

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      And you dumbass from today.....yellow cheese? You're from Wisconsin and you don't know that it's called cheddar cheese? Did a really large tree fall on you when you were a child? Or rather, did you fall down a really large stupid tree and hit every branch all the way down a few times?!
      Well, I can kind of understand that one. What with the variety of processed sliced cheeses in America, I really wonder what goes into the white and yellow "American" cheeses these days. If it weren't for the fact that I generally just avoid having cheese on my Subway sandwich, I would probably say "the white one" or "the yellow one."

Other than that, I agree. How hard is it really to grasp the concept of getting in line where the sign says to, and following the same procedure everyone else at Subway does?

And Librarybabe, that employee should not have treated you that way.
      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Yellow cheese?

Huh-uh.

Cheddar cheese is white.

Carrotene is yellow. Annato is yellow. Cheddar is white.

Comment

Actually, it's not even yellow there...the cheddar cheese at Subway is orange. They have American cheese, cheddar, and provalone....I think that's it? Maybe swiss? I only order cheddar so I can't be 100% certain...

Comment

Subway has cheddar cheese?

Even if I had known that, I still wouldn't get it.

I'm very picky about the (sharp) cheddar I eat.
            Unseen but seeing
            oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
            There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
            3rd shift needs love, too
            RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
              Subway has cheddar cheese?

Even if I had known that, I still wouldn't get it.

I'm very picky about the (sharp) cheddar I eat.
              Mmmmm cheese.

The subways around my work are nice and they deal with my customers, too . Witnessed a SC in subway one day and told the cashier about this site. He is quite the fan (although I'm not sure he has joined yet or not).
              "But the pharmacy was here this morning...!"

Comment

depends on the cheddar, i've seen both white and extra sharp yellowish. tho "yellow cheese" to me means crap - i mean american cheese.

Comment

Remember the story about the unbelievable married toolbag that totally and blatantly tried to freaking liplock me couple months ago?

Subway.

Who am I to argue with the subject of this thread?

Comment

My god, I'm going senile.....I forgot about that!

I knew someone would agree with me. I don't know what it is about Subway in general. I can understand NOW more than ever because of the $5 footlongs...but always?!

Comment

It's better when you work in a college Subway. Because then you wind up with all the drunk and stoned college students!
                      Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

There is a Subway downtown by the university and all the bars.....except I think all the Subways around here close at 10....maybe 11? It's either of those two. And unless someone got around to drinking really early and then got hungry, I don't think a lot of drunk college kids go there.

They usually wait until barclose and then go to the fast food joints that are still open. And terrorize them.

Comment

Let's not forget how often they swarm the stores at 9:55 PM
                          Kangaroo Squee!

Comment

Man when I go into a subway, I know EXACTLY what I want and I don't dilly dally and I tip. Its not real hard but it freaks me out the idiots that are in society and how they make it in life so far.

Comment

Maybe it's because I'm not in America, but I find that Subway is a reliable place to get a decent-sized meal that is actually possible to eat on the move.

The only problem is that you get to pay through the nose for the privilege. The local equivalent of a $5 footlong would be an absolute bargain by comparison.

Comment

Working...
                              X