Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smiley, the thing with church trials is that they make them more intimidating than they actually are.

I got told there was going to be one for me because I was "living in sin and refused to renounce my ways" after they found out I was living with my first husband before we were married. I didn't care, didn't go, nothing happened because I refused to go.

I still get the letters from them to "check my membership" in my maiden name. I write return to sender, person unknown on them and send them back.

SO still teases me about getting me a copy of my Good Little Mormon Girl Handbook. I burned mine long ago.
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-28-2009, 08:34 PM. Reason: fratching comment
    Random conversation:
    Me: Okay..so I think I get why Zoro wears a bandana
    DDD: Cuz it's cool

So, by using the Doctor's reasoning, bow ties, fezzes and bandanas are cool.

Comment

Free at last!
      Free at last!
      Praise god almighty, free at last!

Glad to hear it Smiley
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        *hugs teh smiley*

yay.

i felt bad about all the stress they were putting you through.

are you sure they're not a branch of AOL?
        It sounds like that, as I went through a lot to cancel AOL, and when I resigned from that church, it took a threat of negative press and a harassment lawsuit to get them to honor my resignation and leave me alone. It's been 7 years and even though the missionaries live in an apartment down the street from me, they skip my front door.

Comment

I'm glad thats the end of it Smiley.

Comment

Quoth Amethyst Hunter View Post
            That's not a bad idea, actually. Publicity can be used to your advantage sometimes. I'd include local media too, unless notoriety in your community could cause you some unnecessary grief.
            From some of the ex's I know (hey been trying to do it for about 5 years now, just haven't had the real ability to... (moving alot makes it hard) they seem to fear that P word and the L word.... no not Party and Lesbian either.

*grumbles* nice to know I'm gonna have to be a royal ass here in a few months.

Comment

Quoth ADoyle90815 View Post
              It It's been 7 years and even though the missionaries live in an apartment down the street from me, they skip my front door.
              Having been disfellowshipped by the JWs, I don't have to worry about knocking on the door keeping me from sleeping in on Saturday. They show up a lot more than the LDS missionaries.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Yay Smiley! Welcome to the Black Sheep Roster (do check out Salamander Society). I was able to leave pretty quickly but working for a newspaper may have expedited the process a little...... I left after Prop 22 (the forerunner to Prop 8). It pissed me off that my cousins could not enjoy the benefits of matrimony despite having a more stable relationship than many hetero couples do.

Comment

you know... 6 pages later and I'm still shocked at just how many people have experience with leaving the church... good to know I"m in such good company
                  Oh and now I have to check out the Salamander Society.
                  If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

ok now im interested in really getting rid of my membership...
                    i was talking to someone one today who was also mormon raised anded been inactive for over adecade and when i told her i wanted to get rid ot my memmbership she looked shocked and asked me why. i realised i am not that obviouse and said oh im gay just dont want a church who wants to fix me use me for their numbers.
                    i think she was shocked but since i said it so breezingly unimportantly that it shocked her into not saying really lol
                    i hope i can easily but i dont know how

Comment

Working...
                    X