This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• video rental sighting - self and other

yeah, self sighting at the rental place, well .. at least i feel like a jerk.

i lost the rental copy of Mirrormask. at least i can't find it.

went down to pay for the loss and they said if i find it, i can still bring it back, yay. feel even worse cos someone else had been looking for it

i did try to be nice to them tho... when i saw i'd have to wait for the male employee who knew more about how to process lost movies, i stepped aside for the line that had formed behind me.

other sighting
    guy working with me was also on the phone with some manager or something telling him that they're going to receive a complaint...

customer was getting help from him and she walked off yapping on her cell and there was a line...

he had to ask her like 3 times if there was anything else she wanted, and she complained about his "attitude" and being "snippy"...and that she was just getting another video...

apparently the line behind her ... well we all know entitlement whores, everyone else comes second, so the line of people waiting behind her doesn't matter...

yes i gave him this site.

I love that movie. Too bad you lost it though. I don't think you were sucky for losing it - that happens, if you had tried to yell at an employee until the problem went away - that would have been sucky.

Comment

I loose stuff all the time but the fact that you owned up to it and went into the video store and took care of it does not make you sucky.

Its sad we are all so used to people being jerks and "sucky" that sometimes we loose sight of what is really sucky and what isn't but then again its a matter of opinon and how people view things but in my opinon you did nothing wrong--you may have lost the tape but you didn't bitch about it or refuse to pay.

Comment

I don't think you were sucky. You took responsibility for your mistake.

It reminds me of a time I rented Castlevania Judgment for the Wii. I waited a few days to return it because I didn't want to go out in the snow. A few days later I had to get something at Game Crazy. I can't remember what. I took the game back, dropped it in the return slot, then went immediately to the cashier to pay my late fees.
        To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

and the good news is i found Mirrormask! I have a lot to do today so... hopefully tonight or tomorrow I'll be able to swing down and give them the movie back.

Oh and another sighting from the rental place.
          After I'd moved to the side to let the line go through... one of the customers (some old guy) in line was being a jerk.

I forget what he said but it was jsut a rude comment about how slow the workers were etc... and then "That's how you get service here."

I hope they do come here... they just might need a place to vent.

Comment

And last note about the good news...

I tried to return it but the person there couldn't do it and said I'd have to come back the next day.
            So I went back the next day and the person there took the movie.

No refund to me but I'd already decided i didn't care bout that... call it an 'idiot tax' or whatever (wasn't much anyway like 6 bux i think)

Comment

Working...
            X