This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I hate Tipmongerers....

Alright, I don't know if that's what they're called elsewhere, but they're often called Tipmongerers out here. So I will call them that.

Now anyways, a Tipmongerer is what ANY waiter or Waitress hates more than any type of SC. Because these guys don't just bother you...they take money.

Yes, they take money.

These are people who hang around restaurants and walk around stealing tips from tables while the waiters and waitresses aren't working. That way it looks like people didn't tip and lemme tell you this. Waiters and Waitresses NEED those tips. They make less than minimum wage, and those tips are what's keeping them out of the poverty line.

Why am I posting this? people in my high school would do this, and at Red Robin I caught people doing JUST that. >.<
    Kangaroo Squee!

AGH. These guys are likely cut from the same cloth as the ones who take money from tip jars.

1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
    -----
    http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

Never heard that term before, but the last guy I knew who did that was a busboy. Yep, he stole the tips from the tables at the very place he worked. Every bill or coin he saw, he pocketed. Needless to say, it didn't take very long for the waitstaff to notice the severe drop in tips every time he was on shift, and when one of the girls confronted him about it he exploded in cursing instead of denying it. He didn't last long after that.

Damn, that guy was an idiot.

Comment

That's why I try not to leave the tip on the table, unless there's few people working and it's not very busy. I prefer to hand it directly to the waiter, or include it with the payment and make my exit when they come to pick up the check. That way I know it's gone to the right person.
        "For the love of all that is holy and 4 things that aren’t but feel pretty good anyway" ~ Gravekeeper

Comment

I think the correct term you're looking for here is thief.

Report the little bastards.
          A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

What they're doing is called stealing & they need to be taken care of accordingly. You know, like calling the cops & having them arrested for theft.

Comment

I think this is one of the reasons I prefer to include a tip on my CC rather than leave cash.
              To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                I think this is one of the reasons I prefer to include a tip on my CC rather than leave cash.
                Ditto. At least that way, I don't have to get in trouble for hurting some tip thief.

Comment

And the worst ones of all are the ones who put their children up to it, so that way if they do get caught, they can blame Little Johnny for not knowing any better.
                  You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

when i was a kid i remember several bday parties where we'd be at a Pizza Hut or other lil resturant where other kids would pocket the tip money....really horrible...

Comment

That's just wrong, but that's the first time I've heard of the term tipmongerers. Fuckers..
                      I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                      Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                      Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I try to give it to them, or place something like a salt shaker on top so it can't easily be taken with a swift hand movement(so I hope..It makes me feel better at least)

Comment

Why am I posting this? people in my high school would do this, and at Red Robin I caught people doing JUST that. >.<
                          i must be in a super bad mood, cos the Evil-PepperElf keeps wanting to make suggestions...

Like... if you see your classmates stealing tips, tell the manager or waitress that it happened, and then say, "His/her name is **** and they live at **** if you want to press theft charges"

or if you don't know them.. yell out really loud, "HEY WHY YOU STEALING THOSE TIPS THERE, PUNK?"... bet they'll run fast...which means they can't touch more of the tips...

yeah Evil PepperElf is having fun today

Comment

You know, just yesterday I almost left a cash tip on a table (something I rarely do, because I usually just put it on the card). But something told me I oughtn't, so I looked around for the waitress as I was leaving. She had her hands full, and was flustered when she saw me, because she didn't have a free hand. So I just held it up with two fingers so she could see what it was and swooped it towards her apron. She said, "Ah! Thanks!" and turned her hip so I could just slide it right into her apron pocket. Problem solved.

I was afraid someone might steal it. Glad I thought of that. She was nice, and I am a regular at that place, and it would seriously have sucked if her money got stolen. For both of us.

Comment

Quoth RootedPhoenix View Post
                              AGH. These guys are likely cut from the same cloth as the ones who take money from tip jars.

I'd argue the table-top-thieves are a little worse, considering those tips are our income essentially, whereas I've yet to encounter a place where the tip jar was the main source of payment.

Comment

Working...
                              X