X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Your dip isn't that precious...

Ok, title might seem a bit confusing, but it'll make sense,

So I'm at the grocery store picking up a few things (Milk, Soda, Chips, Newspaper). I walk up to the express lane and there's 2 guys in front of me, the 1st guy is already paying and the second guy is just standing there at the back end of the belt. However, there isn't anything ON the belt. So I step to the side of him and put my stuff down.

This is when he reaches over and grabs a divider, places it in front of my stuff and places down, and single item. A small plastic package of onion dip (for chips).

The line moves forward, and it's now his turn, however, his item isn't on the belt. You see, he picked it back up, to hold in his hand until he got to the cashier.

So, of course, the cashier removes the plastic divider, since that's the next thing she sees on the belt, and THEN he speaks up and hands her the dip he is holding in his hand.

She scans it... and then reaches for the next thing, and starts scanning through my groceries...on his bill... Luckily she only scanned one item before I was able to politely speak up, but the guy barks with a snotty tone "NO, just this is mine, not that".

She voided my item out, and carried on, but the only thing I could think was:

"WTF, if you just kept your ONE item on the belt like you're SUPPOSE to do, you wouldn't have confused her, and wasted everyone's time. Your onion dip is not so precious that it has to be hand held from the time you get it off the shelf, to the time you get it home. JUST PUT IT ON THE DAMN BELT!"

</rant>
    Last edited by Broomjockey; 03-31-2009, 06:41 PM. Reason: your. Not you're.
    <Insert clever signature here>

All Hail Thy Holy Dip, For It Shall Not Touch Thoust Ugly As Sin Conveyor Belt And Can Only Be Held By Thou Holiest Of Hands, Which are thine.

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

lol, best part is, it was just the small size of the store brand dip the deli makes...

Personally, I've always preferred the onion dip that comes in the little paper packet, that you have to mix with an entire jar of Sour Cream to make
      <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

People used to do that to me all the time when i worked in a grocery store. It's like they want to confuse you so they have a reason to yell at you.
        Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

but if he puts his Precious dip down, the nasty Hobbitses will steal it!

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
            but if he puts his Precious dip down, the nasty Hobbitses will steal it!
            precioussss......
            Last edited by RootedPhoenix; 04-07-2009, 07:04 PM. Reason: adding smarty-pants-ness...
            1129. I will refrain from casting Dimension Jump and Magnificent Mansion on every police box we pass.
            -----
            http://orchidcolors.livejournal.com (A blog about everything and nothing)

Comment

The dip is good on taters.
              Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

What's "taters", preciouss?

Comment

"Taters" is US Southern for "potatoes."
                  "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

PO-TAY-TOES! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!
                    Ah, tally-ho, yippety-dip, and zing zang spillip! Looking forward to bullying off for the final chukka?

Comment

I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT.

The only thing worse is when they don't get the concept of how the belt works. That used to irk me SO BAD.

I refused to turn it off, I would let them keep pushing the stuff back and see how long it would take them to catch on. Sadly, way too many didn't. I would have to tell them to just let it go....it WILL stop when it gets to the end! Baffled me, this is NOT a new concept!

Comment

Quoth Bradester View Post
                        PO-TAY-TOES! Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew!
                        Now the song is stuck in my head.
                        "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth alogram View Post
                          I HATE WHEN PEOPLE DO THAT.

The only thing worse is when they don't get the concept of how the belt works. That used to irk me SO BAD.

I refused to turn it off, I would let them keep pushing the stuff back and see how long it would take them to catch on. Sadly, way too many didn't. I would have to tell them to just let it go....it WILL stop when it gets to the end! Baffled me, this is NOT a new concept!
                          Quoted for truth.

I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                            Now the song is stuck in my head.
                            Mine too.

I call them tater's too.
                            Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

So...did you create a shrine to the Holy Dip That Shall Not Touch The Conveyor Belt?

The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
                              X