X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scooter follies

The other day, I was a prime witness to this scene:

At my store, we have a motorized scooter for people to scoot around the store in.

We keep it up front, charging, with the key at the service desk.

This one woman (who is a reg) just decided to throw a hissy fit because "This is the ONLY store that doesn't KEEP the key in the scooter!!!!!"

Luckily, the manager of GM, who also happens to be the owner's son, took the brunt of this. This woman kept yelling for a good 5 minutes about it, while he is explaining that it is store policy, etc., etc., etc.

OK, my story telling does *not* do this story justice, but she was being a cow about it.

The things is, there are always a number of cashiers, baggers, and/or management types around who always keep an eye out so we can grab the key ASAP. There is almost no waiting for it.

I think her real problem is, the last two times she came in, I was the only one around, and I don't know how to back the scooter up for her to use.
    I'm bringing disdain back...with a vengeance.

Oh, and your tool box called...you got out again.

I have told this story time and time again, but it never gets old.

There is a reason that scooters need to be guarded within a person's life. Especially stores with only one or smaller stores with fewer people working. Too many people have taken the scooters outside or broken other rules with them. It's unfortunate that a lot of times as adults, we have to suffer consequences caused by others, but if so many others HADN'T done stupid things, we wouldn't have to deal with it. Blame the people who thought it'd be funny to take the scooter outside and leave it in the rain, not the employees!

The story, ah yes. My little brother works at KMart. This is a KMart in a sort of strip mall or area with lots of stores. They only have one scooter. And one night they found it outside, on top of a huge pile of snow, there is pretty much NO way that was an accident. Someone took it outside and deliberately got it stuck on top of that big mound of snow.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      I have told this story time and time again, but it never gets old.

There is a reason that scooters need to be guarded within a person's life. Especially stores with only one or smaller stores with fewer people working. Too many people have taken the scooters outside or broken other rules with them. It's unfortunate that a lot of times as adults, we have to suffer consequences caused by others, but if so many others HADN'T done stupid things, we wouldn't have to deal with it. Blame the people who thought it'd be funny to take the scooter outside and leave it in the rain, not the employees!

The story, ah yes. My little brother works at KMart. This is a KMart in a sort of strip mall or area with lots of stores. They only have one scooter. And one night they found it outside, on top of a huge pile of snow, there is pretty much NO way that was an accident. Someone took it outside and deliberately got it stuck on top of that big mound of snow.
      This is why you have the scooter equipped with an invisible fence kill switch that requires a special override, they can only use the scooter in the store with out special permission.

Comment

In the supermarket, there was someone who used one of the motorised scooters that are for people who can't walk, and dumped it right in front of the coffee shop. This person who used it obviously could walk, cuz there it was; and there wasn't anyone in the coffee shop at the time who it could have been.

The weird thing is, they must have been very convincing in order to persuade the people at the Customer Services desk to give them the scooter key. O_o
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Hee, I remember the Wal Mart near where I work had to argue with a 'large' man who insisted he be able to take the scooter out-of the store and into the stores down the sidewalk. Umm, no, that's for in the store only. He argued and argued that he needed to do some more shopping then get to the bus, and could an employee follow him to bring the scooter back? They continued showing backbone and he finally had to get-up and...OMG...WALK himself to the bus!

I'm glad they held their ground on that one. The poor machine was already making helpless groaning noises, I don't think it could have survived much more.
          "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

While working at Walmart, I've had to bring those poor scooters back in from outside before. Customers collect them inside the store, but then take them all the way to their cars and abandon them in empty parking spaces, assuming that there's no problem with that. Worst was when it was raining and someone still took it outside.
            "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
            - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

I miss riding the scooters back into the store at ShopRite.

It sucked when the batteries were dead and I had to try to push them, though.
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

One of the Nicks at work rides it back in.

Comment

Quoth Bella_Vixen View Post
                  One of the Nicks at work rides it back in.
                  According to one of the girls, there's only one Nick now.

No one's seen the other one for a while.
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                    According to one of the girls, there's only one Nick now.

No one's seen the other one for a while.

Now that you mention it...

Actually, it IS hard for me to keep track of some of bag/stockboys. They either work 4-5 days a week or 2 days a month.

Comment

Working...
                    X