This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Uh?

So, the family and I went out to dinner tonight, as is our Thursday tradition... we went to a tex mex restaurant. I chose the one described thusly: "One beef, chicken or pork enchilada, one sour cream chicken enchilada, rice, and beans," and other little fiddly bits.
    I order the pork for my choice enchilada.

When our food comes out, I start into my enchiladas, and realize a few bites in that they are both pork.
    Our waiter comes back out to check on our meals, I point out that I thought the enchiladas were supposed to be different from each other... I also said, mistakenly, "I thought there was a tamale involved..."

He goes to get a menu, and I check the one I ordered. No tamale, but that wasn't the important part. The wording lead me to believe I had a choice enchilada, and a sour cream chicken enchilada.

He says, "I'll go get you a sour cream enchilada, but, when we ask what kind you want, we're asking for both enchiladas. You said pork, I brought pork."

"It reads as though there would be one enchilada that was my choice, and the other is always sour cream chicken..."

He leaves, sister in law immediately says, "He's going to spit in it."

I blink, "You really think so?"
    I hadn't raised my voice, I didn't cuss... hell, she's been more forceful about food orders before.

Bro says, "Yeah, think of all the people on CS..."

I kinda go, "Oh..." and stop talking, lapsing into my thoughts as he brings a small plate with the enchilada.

I turn to my brother later and say, "Tampering with food is verboten on CS, though."

So, yeah... was I wrong to think that way about the meal?
    "I call murder on that!"

Nah. I've seen plenty 'o menus with confusing wording. As far as them tampering with the food....Big NO NO regardless of the movies. but they will talk smack there.
    "Failure is not an option. It comes bundled with your software."

Comment

I also would have believed that is was one choice enchilada, and one sour cream chicken enchilada. I would have thought it strange that you could pick one and not the other, but that's what I would have assumed.
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        I also would have believed that is was one choice enchilada, and one sour cream chicken enchilada. I would have thought it strange that you could pick one and not the other, but that's what I would have assumed.

Not necessarily, it could be to keep cost down. The sour cream chicken enchilada could be cheaper than the others (especially if the beef one is actually STEAK and not just ground beef). So they give you one choice to make you happy, and one pre-set one to save them money.

I definitely would have read it the same way, and I think that's how it should have been. I think that guy is just dumb
        <Insert clever signature here>

Comment

Quoth Lingering Grin View Post
          Not necessarily, it could be to keep cost down.
          Around here they usually just charge more for more expensive meats.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm easily confused, so I always ask before I order

Comment

Working...
            X