This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My pizza is ruined!

This is an old story (it happened more than a decade ago) that I just remembered.

There's a pizza place a few minutes from my house that we used to frequent (back before the ownership change, when the pizza was actually GOOD). One time we arrived a few minutes too early to pick up our order, so we were talking with the staff.

They told us about a knucklehead who'd come in recently and picked up a small pizza. Then, rather than carrying it like any other person, he tucked the pizza box under his arm as if he was carrying a book or magazine or something. They frantically called after him to not do that but he didn't listen.

Not long after that we was back, angrily complaining that they'd served him a sloppy mess. Needless to say, this "mess" was caused by the hot, fresh pizza sliding to one side of the box and collapsing onto itself when he held the box vertically rather than horizontally.

Of course, it was all the restaurant's fault, and he demanded a replacement pizza.

They said no problem, but it'll be $x.xx.

He left.

Seriously, what a dumbass.
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

K had something like that happen once, he gets to this guys house, guy hands the box to the kid behind him and turns back to K to pay.

The kid gets this shit eating grin on his face and FLIPS the fucking box over and shakes it. Then he flips it back just in time for the dad to turn around of course. K doesn't say anything but of course the dad comes running out to his car yelling and screaming that his pizza is ruined.
    K tries to explain what happened but the dad says hes trying to blame his kid and hes a loser and needs a REAL job.... sigh

The shop manager believed K but gave the guy a free pizza anyway (K refused to deliver it again) but they banned the guy from the store.
    I wasnt put on this earth to make you feel like a man ~ Mary Bertone

Comment

It just transformed into stromboli.

No harm, no foul.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982
        he tucked the pizza box under his arm as if he was carrying a book or magazine or something.
        i used to see that all the time. i don't know why customers thought that was a good idea.
        To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
        my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

Wow, what an idiot.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Used to see that all the time when I worked at the pizza place. Once, this woman picked up her freshly made and boxed up BBQ chicken pizza and shoved it sideways in a shopping bag. She then walked out, swinging the bag. The manager, who'd served this woman, turned round and told everyone, "If this woman returns, don't give her a replacement."

Yep, she did return, whining about her ruined pizza. Nope, she did not get a refund or a replacement.
            People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
            My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
            X