This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wherein Irv gets farted on...again

What exactly is it about me that makes people go all Terrence & Phillip when I'm around?

So I headed out to the clearance swamp in civvies just a little while ago, because it's the super duper uber mega groin-grabbingly gargantuan Lowest Prices of the Season sale, and I needed new work shoes among other things, and thought I would take advantage of prices that won't be this low again until fall after the sale ends next week.

I selected my stuff, chatted briefly with a couple co-workers, and then headed to the checkout, where I waited behind this otherwise unassuming middle-aged lady.

Suddenly I heard a little muffled "mmmrrrrpppp" and thought "I hope that isn't what I think it is."

It was. And in but a brief moment, the sulfurous, hell-swamp stench was upon me. It smelled as if somebody dumped a dead skunk, a dead cow, and about 50 month-old deviled eggs on the ground and left them to rot and their various stenches to co-mingle.

And I had no place to go. My eyes started to water a bit and I began to fear that the toxic cloud would soon dissolve the flesh from my body, leaving the coroner nothing more to identify me by than my dental records and my well-worn Birkenstock Grandpa Simpson shoes.

Finally, the farter completed her transaction and left (wasn't a check writer/Purse-a-saurus Rex, thank God) and after she was safely out the door I said "I didn't know humans were capable of producing that kind of smell" and started fanning the fumes away with exaggerated arm motions that made the person behind me and the cashier start laughing.

I think I need to start wearing a gas mask everyplace I go if I'm going to be a target for everybody's anal blasts.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Irv,

I just want to say, that I'm sitting here with EQ, SG15Z, and DataJager.

EQ says your misery makes her happy.

SG says he laughs at your misery, 'tis amusing

DataJager just laughs.

Just thought you might like to know...

(btw, EQ and I have both imbibed in alcohol, so it's especially hilarious to us...)

Comment

I need to invest in a super duper uber powerful fan.

So I can blow all our beer and cheese curd farts someplace other than my face. Such as, for example, Houston TX.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth lupo pazzesco View Post
        SG says he laughs at your misery, 'tis amusing
        I laughed pretty hard. It was very funny Irv, especially with the imagery you gave us.

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I need to invest in a super duper uber powerful fan.

So I can blow all our beer and cheese curd farts someplace other than my face. Such as, for example, Houston TX.
        No thanks we have enough smog in this city as it is. You want to add to our pollution?! Um no thanks. Directs more powerful super ultra mega deluxe fan towards Irv.

Comment

ahh, the old fart and act like it never happened trick.

theres been a few times where im at work and someone walks by and farts. ive also been working ON the floor, like kneeling down or sitting (to get to lower shelves) and someone walks by, or had just left the aisle, leaving me a fresh one.

the worst. when youre ringing and the person you ring up smells so bad you want to cry. how does someone get to that point...

Comment

This may be TMI, but I've noticed that the more urgently I have to get to the bathroom, the worse the farts smell. I wish Mother Nature would give me nicer warning...
            Everything will be ok in the end. If it's not ok, it's not the end.

Comment

I'm sorry you got bombed, Irv.

That happened to me and my 4 year old son not too long ago. We were in line and the person in line in front of us repeatedly tore ass. On the third nasal assault, my 4 year old says (rather loudly as most kids do) "Mommy, that man keeps FARTING IN MY FACE! Why is he so smelly and RUUUUDE, Mommy? I think he needs to go poop!"

I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. Oops.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                What exactly is it about me that makes people go all Terrence & Phillip when I'm around?
                *frrrt* "Hey, Terrence... I just farted!"
                "Just now?"
                *laughter*
                "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth mandaliz8704 View Post
                  I'm sorry you got bombed, Irv.

That happened to me and my 4 year old son not too long ago. We were in line and the person in line in front of us repeatedly tore ass. On the third nasal assault, my 4 year old says (rather loudly as most kids do) "Mommy, that man keeps FARTING IN MY FACE! Why is he so smelly and RUUUUDE, Mommy? I think he needs to go poop!"

I had to bite my tongue to keep from laughing. Oops.
                  I almost choked on my chocolate covered soybeans.
                  "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                    I almost choked on my chocolate covered soybeans.
                    .......ew.....

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                      .......ew.....
                      It's a nummy snack. The soybeans are roasted and the chocolate is oh so rich.
                      "Kill the fat guy first?! That's racist!" - my friend Ironside at a Belegarth practice after being "killed" first.

I belly dance with tall Goblins!

Comment

Quoth McGoddess09 View Post
                        It's a nummy snack. The soybeans are roasted and the chocolate is oh so rich.
                        No thanks, I'll stick to my Oreos!

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                          *frrrt* "Hey, Terrence... I just farted!"
                          "Just now?"
                          *laughter*
                          At least it's not like the episode where Cartman has an 80-foot dish up his ass...and spends most of the show farting fire And yes, that is on my top-10 list of South Park episodes
                          Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                            At least it's not like the episode where Cartman has an 80-foot dish up his ass...and spends most of the show farting fire And yes, that is on my top-10 list of South Park episodes
                            Which one? The first anal probe episode, or the one later when they find out Earth is on big reality show on galactic television.

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                              Which one? The first anal probe episode, or the one later
                              The first one...which is oddly enough, titled "Cartman Gets An Anal Probe." I laugh my ass off (pun intended!) every time that one is on It's just so crude, that it's hilarious
                              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                              X