This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On the 2nd call, I'd tell him,

"Okay, you're either a telemarketer trying to sell a legit product or a scammer.. either way you're committing a crime.

Telemarketers are bound by FTC regulations to give you the information about their company including location, callback phone number, etc.

As a previous poster stated, they're also not allowed to call after 9pm.

Scammer? Fraud. Possible felony.

Don't call back here again. If you do I will trace the incoming calls and not only will you face reprocussions from law enforcement based on what I said earlier, but I'll also press charges of harrassment against you."

That or just break out the Arnold Schwarzenagger soundboard and use that on them just for pure entertainment.
    Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

I live in Japan, but have a Florida number connected to an internet phone... thing. (For my parents and family to communicate with me anytime, without paying for it with an arm and a kidney.) I also have roommates on and off (it's a school with three-month quarters, and many students come and go between quarters.) so the few times a telemarketer company all but stalked me... well, she was almost as annoyed as I was by the 4am calls.

They mysteriously stopped after my father called the company and mentioned harassment.

Comment

I ignore telemarketing calls for the most part but if I happen to pick it up I will hang up on them if they are persistent after I say "no". There was one time where SO received a call from a telemarketer and he acted like the number the telemarketer called a Chinese Restaurant and SO kept saying "take out or delivery" in a thick Chinese accent. I had to keep myself from laughing so hard during that call.
        I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
        Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
        Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

I've had vey few rude telemarkers....usually once I tell I'm not interested, they hang up, and ll is good.

Except one woman...would call up my dorm looking for my roomie (in the year before Do Not Call). My roomie had a very common name, yet this woman messed it up (and it wasn't a lanague differance), so we knew it wasn't someone we knew.

Finally, we were both fed up, so when she called again, I said, "Sorry <rommie> fell out of a window." She never called back

But yeah, most people I have gotten have been pretty decent folks.
          "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
          "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

I live in Japan, but have a Florida number connected to an internet phone... thing.
            i had that too when I was in japan. i still have that number cos im in a diff city than my family...

you can add those numbers to the Do Not Call list. =)

Comment

Working...
            X