This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We must go to the same clinic.

For a simple Depo Shot, I end up waiting anywhere from 20-30 minutes for an injection that takes less than 5 minutes. I HATE going to get my shot.

And we won't even go there for when I need my Pap every 6 months. My appointment will be at 8 and I won't even get in the room until nearly 9, and I won't even see the doctor until about 9:30. This is not a huge busy hospital, this is a clinic....

And yes, all of my ailments are in my head, or I did it to myself, so my doctor isn't even going to listen. Everything that's wrong with me is because of tanning, smoking, drinking, having premarital sex.....
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I love my doctor; I talked the owner where I work into continuing to have the current insurance coverage as an option to the new insurance just so I could continue going to him, even though it costs me a little more out of pocket.

If you don't trust or like your doctor you aren't going to be honest and let them know when something is wrong with your body. I agree with everyone else; get a new doctor. Yeah, the waiting can be normal, but they don't have to be rude to you or treat you like a misbehaving 2 year old.
      A crisis is a problem you can't control. Drama is a problem you can, but won't. - Otter

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        Plus the pharmacy attached to the medical center is pretty good too; they really know their medications, sometimes better than some of the doctors Mom's dealt with.
        Most pharmacists do know meds better than doctors. Hell, I've run into some other Pharm Techs that know more than doctors.

Comment

I never had to fill my bladder before an ultrasound. Hmmm.

Remember, at least 10% of the population is made up of jackasses. A much higher percentage work in the medical field at all levels.
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth Anriana View Post
            and 110 IQ is well over the average IQ score. It's not "only 110."
            Hate to break it to you, but 110 isn't "well over." It's one standard deviation away from the average, which is 100. That means more than 34% of the population ranges from 100-110, and 13.5% from 110-120. So yes, it would be "only 110" since that's almost 50% of the population just to either side of it.
            Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth Red Hand of Ulster View Post
              Most pharmacists do know meds better than doctors. Hell, I've run into some other Pharm Techs that know more than doctors.
              You just reminded me of what one guy in the Navy told me.

He was sick, but Navy medical just couldn't figure out what was wrong with him. ... He happened to tell his Mom and told her what symptoms...

Navy Mom: Oh, you just need more of <whatever vitamin>
              Guy: OK. <buys the vitamin and symptoms go away>

Her job? Transcribing medical records. Yet she could pick out a simple vitamin deficiency while the doctors couldn't.

Comment

Time for a new doctor.
                Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

I wish I could but there aren't a whole lot of choices out here. I live in the middle of nowhere and its hard to find a doctor.

I eventually went in for the ultrasound, embarassed the hell out of myself and was a bit of a SC.

I "cheated" a bit and drank water only an hour before my appointment instead of two and my bladder wasn't all the way full and the tech knew it, made me drink more water and I had to wait until someone else's appointment was over.

I live in another state than where my appointment is. The other side is like five mins away from me and the docs place is like twenty and the road is bumby at certain points. I had the fear of having to pee my pants on the way there. Its hard to drive for awhile and not have the phobia of making a car puddle.

I knew it was my fuck up. I apologized over and over again. I told them I may have to reschedule because by the time the other girl was in there and the time I waited, I was about to pee my pants. Long story short I finally got seen and the tech was understandably pissed (no pun intended lol) because she had to re-fit me back inbetween other ppl. Granted, I heard from a nurse that there was only me and that other girl left and an hour before they closed but still...

I googled the reason that the bladder has to be full, I guess its for a clearer picture or something. I can't remember exactly but somehow it helps.

Comment

This sounds an awful lot like the OB/GYN my wife used to go to. Switching was the best decision we ever made. But this thread reminded me of a joke.

What's the difference between God and a Doctor?

God doesn't think he's a Doctor

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                      I googled the reason that the bladder has to be full, I guess its for a clearer picture or something. I can't remember exactly but somehow it helps.
                      I think the liquid amplifies the sound so the machinery can pick up the echos better.

And perhaps that's why I've never been told to drink a lot before an obstetrics ultrasound. The uterus, by that point in time, has more than enough liquid that the only reason I've heard for having a full bladder is to help push the baby up into an easier-to-see position early on (around 12-14 weeks or so).
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Quoth Anakah View Post
                        I live in another state than where my appointment is. The other side is like five mins away from me and the docs place is like twenty and the road is bumby at certain points. I had the fear of having to pee my pants on the way there. Its hard to drive for awhile and not have the phobia of making a car puddle.

Wear an overnight pad. Or a pair of continence panties. It's what I've done every time I've had to do one of those ultrasounds.
                        Seshat's self-help guide:
                        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          if i remember you only need a 110 IQ to be a doctor and some are idiots.

1) Ear troubles & the Chewing Gum Gauge
                          When I was growing up, I had fluid in my ears & chronic infections; the doctor (a good one) suggested we try chewing gum first before doing a surgery, cos if it didn't work it at least wouldn't hurt anything. It worked! (and hey gum is much cheaper than surgery, so even more awesomeness there)

After that, Mom found the story a good way to gauge how knowledgeable and practical other doctors were. Most other doctors laughed in her face when hearing the story, claiming it couldn't have happened that way. Then we found family doctor who heard the story and said, "Yeah, that would work." Needless to say he ended up being one of the best doctors we ever had.

2) Medication Bitch
                          When Mom & Dad moved to a new city they had to find a new doctor. The new one was a big pill pusher. Mom quickly found a new doctor after this exchange.

Mom: I'm having these symptoms *list* I think it's from this medication.
                          Doctor: You only think you're having them because you read the PDR.

WTF? I mean sure we had a copy of the PDR I'm sure but Mom doesn't make up shit like that. Knowing her she only used the book to confirm that her symptoms were listed as reactions to that medication. Needless to say, once she was off the meds, the reactions went away.

Currently she has a better doctor, not as good as the family doctor we use to have but he's not an idiot at least. Plus the pharmacy attached to the medical center is pretty good too; they really know their medications, sometimes better than some of the doctors Mom's dealt with.
                          Sounds like MY pediatrician. Whenever I had an ear infection, one of the things he'd "prescribe" was sugarless gum...never knew why, but as I got older, I figured it out. My mom loved this doc. Slightly OT, but funny story. When I was 2 or 3, she was on the phone, long distance, whch in the late 60's was a big deal. I guess I was being a pest, and annoying her so she couldn't talk, and she tied me to the kitchen chair with the dog's leash! Then felt so guilty she confessed to the dr. at my next checkup. His response? "They need to learn restraint"

And for pill popping docs; many moons ago, my dad tried to quit smoking, so he mentioned it to the dr. Doc wrote him a prescription for valium!!! Dad tore it up in front of him and said "great, replace one addiction with another" and never went back.

Comment

Working...
                          X