This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "They be hearing things!"

I was waiting in line at the grocery store the other day and noticed this man who was stocking up for the apocalypse. Seriously - he had an entire cart, filled so high that things were falling out of it, and everything in it was in a can or a bottle. He was the only one with the cart, and I know from picking up some canned stuff myself that *none* of it was on sale. NONE. I think he just went through the entire aisle and picked one of everything.

I was figuring he was just a little neurotic but probably harmless when he suddenly started talking. He was muttering for the first part of it, and then suddenly:

"But man, I don't like those roommates, man. My roommates, they be hearing things! They be seeing shit that ain't there!"

Every time he said something, his head twitched sideways, repeatedly.

As soon as I realized that he did NOT have a bluetooth or similar phone, I switched lines. Last thing I saw was him trying to pay a very confused cashier (who was trying as hard as possible to NOT let him touch her) with... well, it sure as hell wasn't money. Looked like a piece of plywood.

wtf? Maybe he was talking about the roommates in his head.... who all pitch in their pieces of plywood so he can stock up on their 50-year supply of groceries......

Comment

Quoth Taboo View Post
      Looked like a piece of plywood.
      Haha!! That made me laugh out loud! Smart switching lines, wouldn't want the crazy to somehow rub off on you!

Whenever that happens to me on the bus with crazy people the next stop suddenly becomes my stop!
      It's been a long, long, long, long time...

Comment

Working...
      X