This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• to block cheese or not block cheese

i had a sighting of the 'oops, i'm stupid and won't ask for info' type as i grabbed some much needed fruit last night.

a woman and her husband (i think they were french or some other nationality, i heard them speak in a different language to each other, but it was too fast to understand) were ahead of me in line, to check out, when she decides to ask if the cheese in the store's circular is the one that they chose, since it wasn't ringing up as she thought it should (she was nitpicking a few other items before i started to unload my cart, so it caught my attention-nitpickers annoy the holy hell out of me).

she shoves the circular into the checker's face (poor girl) and starts babbling about how the cheese is ringing up at the wrong price, so the annoyed (she did a good job of hiding it) checker asked for another employee (might have been a shift) to help her with this annoyance customer's world ending problem.

after reading the circular, the second employee realises that the price is for...a different item altogether, not pre-packaged cheese but in house blocked cheese, which takes multiple times to pound into the customer's thick skull.

once this info finally sinks in, the annoyance customer decides that she doesn't want this cheese, but the circular's holy grail, the block cheese. *more delays, damn...* so, after they send someone back for this prize, it arrives and they do the switchout.

does the woman utter one word of thanks? of course not, just mutters something to her husband (most likely an insult directed at the employees) and waits for the total, then leaves, no apologies, thank yous or much deserved shows of embarrassment.

it's one of the reasons i dread shopping; the ew's ruin the fun that can be had, but splitting a chocolate bar with the husband and son helped .
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

You share chocolate?
    The Case of the Missing Mandrake; A Jude Derry, Sorceress Sleuth Mystery Available on Amazon.

Comment

Quoth Stormraven View Post
      You share chocolate?
      You are a better person than I, chainedbarista!

Comment

Working...
      X