X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Inconvenience" at the Kroger pharmacy

Short and sweet:

Was waiting in line behind an old lady at the Kroger pharmacy yesterday. She got called up to the front, gave her name, and got her prescriptions. She then tossed 3 or 4 items on the counter to be rung out along with the prescriptions.

Problem was, one of them was a plastic baggie of tomatoes. Yeah, that need to be weighed.

Pharmacy tech politely advises her that they have no scale back there, but offers to ring up the rest of her stuff.

Old bitch huffs and tutts and tells her how 'inconvenient' it is for her to have to pay for her stuff at the front. And also, they should have a scale back there 'just in case someone needs to check out produce'.

*sigh* Yeah, because they're not BUSY ENOUGH with the $4.00 generic prescriptions, right?

Don't get me wrong, I can see someone having a brain fart and not realizing there's no scale in the pharmacy to weigh the produce. Difference is, there's no need to act like a total bitch about it when it's pointed out.

I got waited on next. I rolled my eyes at the poor tech, payed for my prescription, and told her to try to have a good day.
    "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Scales are usually regulated by some government agency. It wouldn't be just a simple matter of putting a weight scale in there, but they would have to have one back there was that registered with the government and pay regular fees on it and keep records of calibration, so that when an SC like that woman came to buy her produce, she couldn't complain that it weighed the items one ounce too high.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

you know i never thought about that but i'm not really surprised either.

i use to work in electronic test equipment calibration. in one workshop we had a scale that we sent out for calibration every so often (can't remember if it was a 12 month or 6 month cal cycle though)

Comment

Didn't they have a scale AT the produce station to weigh it on her own???

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
          Ha! That would take effort on the SC's part. And we can't have that, now can we?
          Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post

Possibly not, I've never seen a scale available to customers in the produce section at the grocery stores I frequent.
            I used to be disgusted... Now I'm just amused

Comment

Quoth ta2ooed1 View Post
              Possibly not,
              They seem to have been phased out. I know they used to be all over the place here, but as stores are remodelled, they've gone away.
              Ba'al: I'm a god. Gods are all-knowing.

http://unrelatedcaptions.com/45147

Comment

Quoth ditchdj View Post
                I've only seen one supermarket with a produce scale that you can print the tags from, and that's some of the Stop & Shops I've been to (but not the one I work at). Those scales are necessary in those stores since they have these hand-held wireless scanners that customers can use to ring as they go.

All the other stores have either the usual manual produce scales or the electronic ones that don't print out anything.

Comment

I have to travel out of state (22miles, and a city twice my city's size) if I want to go to a store that has you weigh your own produce. Cool thing was that when it asked for the plu, I typed it in without thinking. (all those years I used to work at a grocery store.
                  "Oh, very good....Yes, it is easy to see that nearly six years of magical education have not been wasted on you, Potter. 'Ghosts are transparent.'" Severus Snape

Comment

Working...
                  X