X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overheard at the grocery store

I can't believe I forgot to post this!

On Saturday I went to the mall and on the way home I stopped by this supermarket that I never go to because it's small and old and isn't in the best area of town. I run in, grab a bag of shredded cheese that I need for my potatoes for Easter dinner and get in the checkout line.

Behind me 2 guys who I can only describe as "Homies" get in line. They start ripping on people on the cover of the tabloids.

H1 = Homie 1
    H2 = Homie 2

H1: Michelle Obama looks fat!
    H2: Tori Spelling looks like a tranny!
    H1: Look at that Octo-mom! She's so ugly and she's got 6 ugly babies too!
    H2: Yeah, they look like baby birds!
    H1: No, they look like baby turds! *guffaw* Oh wait. There's 7 babies.
    Me: *face palm*

Quoth sprocket79 View Post
    H1: Look at that Octo-mom! She's so ugly and she's got 6 ugly babies too!
    H2: Yeah, they look like baby birds!
    H1: No, they look like baby turds! *guffaw* Oh wait. There's 7 babies.
    Me: *face palm*

Wow someone really paid attention in school when they taught them prefixes.

BTW I'm really sick and tired of hearing about Octomom!! It's because of her I had to stop watching the news, it was driving me insane!! Death to Octomom!!!!!! No wait, that would just put her back in the news and tabloids for another month.....crap back to the drawing board....

Comment

Octomom? Is she Doc Ock's baby mama?
      "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Octomom-a woman with 6 kids already had 8 more due to fertility drugs and wanted to stay on welfare so she could claim the benefits. The media, naturally, got ahold of the story and blew it up.

People like her...*shake head* I wish I could say what I'm thinking but it would throw this in fratching territory right away.
        Success is not final, failure is not fatal: It is the courage to continue that counts.-Winston Churchill

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
          You don't want to know, but your thinking was funny.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
            You don't want to know, but your thinking was funny.

I already knew, but the comment just popped out. Not that Doc Ock's extra arms wouldn't come in handy.

Comment

Quoth Ironclad Alibi View Post
              Unfortunately, no. It would be so much better that way.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Were those so-called 'homies' still in highschool? Because it sure sounded that way. Then again, there are plenty of immature adults out there...

I comment on tabloids at the check out, but not on the celebs they're talking about. I often mutter about how stupid the tabloids themselves are, and how much they must hate the celebs on the cover...

Comment

They were buying alcohol, so they were definitely old enough to know better! I wonder if they wonder why they call her "Octo-mom" or if their pea-sized brains even care?

Comment

Quoth SG15Z View Post
                    :BTW I'm really sick and tired of hearing about Octomom!! It's because of her I had to stop watching the news, it was driving me insane!! Death to Octomom!!!!!!

she's now trying to trademark the moniker "octomom" for a reality show and a line of baby products-spent $850 to file the paperwork
                    Honestly.... the image of that in my head made me go "AWESOME!"..... and then I remembered I am terribly strange.-Red dazes

Comment

Yeah, I saw that. Let's save the comments on that for Fratching, OK?

Still, these two aren't exactly the brightest bulbs. I'm surprised that nobody said something like "turn your hat around, and pull your damn pants up. You look like an idiot." Had the store been in the 'burbs, I would have added, "oh, and drop the ebonics crap too. You're a white kid from the suburbs," but I'm radical like that
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth BlaqueKatt View Post
                        she's now trying to trademark the moniker "octomom" for a reality show and a line of baby products-spent $850 to file the paperwork
                        She filed for two trademarks on April 10, one for diapers and clothes, and the other for entertainment. Unfortunately for her, someone else (Super Happy Fun Fun, Inc.) filed for the same trademark a month earlier, March 12, for computer games, toys and entertainment.

Comment

Working...
                        X