This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lady, I sure hope you're on your way to the doctor

As promised, the story of the worst-smelling human I've ever encountered.

About a year ago, Hubby and I were taking the Metro downtown- I forget why now, probably to stroll around and visit a museum or something. On the way back, we got on the train only to run into a wall of stench. There was a... rather large... lady a few rows away and she smelled like she was rotting. Seriously, she smelled like rotting pork. She also seemed to have trouble with her breathing, or something, because she wheezed gently with each lungful. Halfway to the next stop I got this horrible suspicion that the smell was her breath, because there was a small surge in stench with every wheeze I heard.

And that was the worst-smelling person I have ever encountered, anywhere. I felt sick by the time we finally decided to move our seats, and her feelings be darned. Not that I think she really noticed, anyway- she seemed kind of out of it, almost dozing.

I can only hope she's had a doctor take a whiff of that, because she really smelled like she was wasting away inside and I'm sure that can't be healthy.

The smell could be from multiple causes. If her liver and/or kidneys are not properly processing then the death breath would be just that, a sign of her rapidly approaching death.

It could be from bad teeth or gums, which can also lead to death as the infection can easily spread to the brain.

A bad sinus infection could also cause the same problem, and, yes, lead to death if it spreads.

Yes, I am an encyclopedia of ways to die.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

You're fun, Wagegoth. I like you

(I have a shelf full of books about historical plagues, poisons, and the medical treatments that killed just as many as the first two... )

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
        Yes, I am an encyclopedia of ways to die.
        Could you give me some pointers on the best way to remove someone's brain via the nasal cavity with a meathook, then?

Comment

Pull it out in chunks and enjoy reefing through the sinus cavity.

Comment

Wagegoth - You sound like a fun person to invite to a party!

Did you ever subscribe to the Morbid Fact du Jour sent by the loverly Comtesse DeSpair? I love her. She has a new website up. You might like it.

As for the OP, I'm sorry you had to encounter that. The worst I've ever smelled was the urine marinated really old and decrepit homeless guys wandering DC.

Comment

Quoth Salted Grump View Post
              Pull it out in chunks and enjoy reefing through the sinus cavity.
              Be careful, though, or you'll destroy the septum and the nose will collapse.
              Document everything

Comment

Maybe she's the first of the Zombie revolution...

Comment

Quoth idrinkarum View Post
                  Wagegoth - You sound like a fun person to invite to a party!

Did you ever subscribe to the Morbid Fact du Jour sent by the loverly Comtesse DeSpair? I love her. She has a new website up. You might like it.
                  Well, I can be weirdly entertaining on certain subjects. I'm not really a party person, however, if you need someone to shut down a party, give me a call.

I had never heard of the Morbid Fact du Jour. I shall check it out.
                  Document everything

Comment

Working...
                  X