• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
    I wonder what it costs to open one? *dreams*
    you could always add one to your hotel when you open it
    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

We've got two cheap theaters here, and about a 45 minute drive is a drive-in that during the summer on the weekends it's $6 for three movies. Usually one recent release and two that have been out a month or so.

Comment

There's only one theatre in town and it has a $2 Tuesday every week. The manager is a friend and former boss. When she's not there, the staff has problems with the projector.

I watched "Grindhouse" there, and at the end of "Planet Terror"...

*SPOILERS*

... where the zombies jump out at the kids when Cherry is leading a group along the beach on horseback...

*END SPOILERS*

... the screen went blank. Then the credits started playing. I thought that it really was a part of the movie (there was a "Reel Missing" bit in the movie earlier) and didn't find out until I got the DVD.
        "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Quoth Evil Queen View Post
          I wonder what it costs to open one? *dreams*
          Between 500,000 and 750,000 if you already have a building that just needs remodeled (basically, you have a steel building that's open inside [i.e. abandoned grocery store]) -- although it's recommended to have between 1.5 and 2 million as you could quickly hit that. And of course, you then have to get the movies (with deposits) so I think that's why the amount's higher

More if you don't have a building.

I say this as that's the costs listed in my town when a person opened up a theater in my town (nearest one prior was 30min away - nearest decent one being 45min away).

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
            It's all about patience.
            Courtesy of my mum:

Patience is a virtue,
            Find it if you can
            Seldom found in woman
            And NEVER found in man
            "I'll probably come round and steal the food out of your fridge later too, then run a key down the side of your car as I walk away from your house, which I've idly set ablaze" - Mil Millington

Comment

I think there are 4 dollar theaters around here. The smallest one has 8 movies playing at once and the largest has 12 movies. On Tuesdays you can get tickets for $1.75 and they have a little concession stand. All in all cheap entertainment, we love them and go regularly.

Comment

On the plus side, everyone in the theater GAINS 30 seconds of entertainment.
                To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Working...
                X