Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

IIRC, Tennesee recently passed a law that requires ID for all alcohol sales, regardless of age. You could be 97 years old, state senator and own the store; no card, no booze.

Frankly, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to carry photo ID. I'm told that in New Zealand if you're over 15 or 16, you are required by law to carry photo ID at all times.

There are many times I've jumped in to defend a liquor store clerk and ripped into some whiney SC who "forgot" thier ID (Really? you've got your wallet, and you drove here......)

The law here states that a liquor inspector can fine the store/bar, and the clerk/server personally if they serve anyone who cant produce ID, even if the customer is of legal age.
    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth blas87 View Post
      You want to buy for underagers, make them wait in the car or don't take them with you.
      Quoted for truth.
      Unseen but seeing
      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
      3rd shift needs love, too
      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

[QUOTE=infinitemonkies;548034]Frankly, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to carry photo ID. I'm told that in New Zealand if you're over 15 or 16, you are required by law to carry photo ID at all times./[QUOTE]

Really? Who told you that? I'm a kiwi and I've never heard of that. Incidentally, you must carry I.D in a Liquor store or anyplace that sells it by law. If you don't have I.D in there you have to leave. Good way to keep the teens and idiots out.

Comment

Quoth infinitemonkies View Post
          Frankly, I don't think it's unreasonable to expect people to carry photo ID. I'm told that in New Zealand if you're over 15 or 16, you are required by law to carry photo ID at all times.

There are many times I've jumped in to defend a liquor store clerk and ripped into some whiney SC who "forgot" thier ID (Really? you've got your wallet, and you drove here......)
          In SA (South Australia, not Sacramento), most, if not all places, will card if you look under 25. The general expectation is that from about age 14, you carry photo ID on you at all times. Most kids will just carry their school ID cards, which get used for public transport anyway. Once you turn 18, if you haven't got your license, you can get a Proof Of Age card, which just has your birthdate on it and your month and year on the back. (I have one)

Only legal forms of ID in SA are as follows (I think it's the same interstate)

-Drivers Licence: can be learners or probationary. (probationary is for about 2 years, you can drive alone, but you can't have any alcohol in your system or go any faster than a certain speed)
          -Passport. We accept international at our own discretion.
          -Proof Of Age Card.
          -We'll accept interstate Drivers Licence/POA cards, but at our own discretion. Ditto for International.

I honestly don't get why people flip out over LIQUOR. I actually don't mind showing my ID off to the clerk behind the counter Makes their day
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Working...
          X