Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My current paralegal class is filled to overflowing with stupid. I know it's a community college in a rural area (thank goodness I'm studying online because I'd probably have dropped the class if I had to deal with these bozos in person), but all my previous classes for my certificate have had mostly good students. The ones that couldn't cut the classes dropped out or failed out. I do not know where this current group of idiots appeared from (maybe they were all laid off during this recession), but I literally feel sick everytime I have to go into the discussion forum and read and comment on their postings (it's required as part of our grade).

They make my head hurt so badly. Some people obviously did not even bother to read the text or cases. Some people think they know better than the text, the entire United States judicial system, state and federal law, or any bar association.

This is a legal profession; correct spelling and proper grammar usage are required to succeed in this field.

I had to talk myself down the other morning as I really, really wanted to rip this guy a new one. He's the most consistent source of annoyance I have.

I really don't know how the instructor deals with it. I really don't. Since elementary school, the jerk offs quickly made me realize that I never, ever wanted to be any kind of teacher. I'll do training at work, but even that is frustrating. If I had to deal with this crap every day I'd either be locked up in a psychiatric hospital or locked up in prison for life.
    Last edited by wagegoth; 04-28-2009, 08:51 PM.
    Labor boards have info on local laws for free
    HR believes the first person in the door
    Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
    Document everything
    CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
    X