This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For the Love Of Christ!!

Is there a Sucky Employees section?? First post, been lurking for a few months. I've read most of the posts now I think. This story happened last night.

RC = Religious Clerk
    Me = Me. Middle Aged Fat White Guy.
    Wife = Thinks I'm Crazy

RC: <huff> For the Love of Christ!

Yep...

That's what she said. I think she was talking about ME!

My wife and I were at a shoe-palace picking up some black shoes for my wife. This is a self service place. If you need help, ask... we didn't ask and no one volunteered. After trying about 6-7 pairs my wife gave up and picked the best one so far. We grabbed it and trudged up to the register. Done deal... I thought!

At that time the clerk (known now as RC, religious clerk) let us know that the second pair was 50% off and suggested I get a pair for myself.

OK... White New Balance for me... the official shoe of fat middle aged white guys. I am scouring the shelves for 11-W. nada. They have these cryptic model #'s... 323 868 409 etc... what do they mean!? I finally grab a pair of 11.5's of some generic shite/navy, regular width. I am not optimistic. Maybe I was oozing "sucky customer"?

I tried the shoes and commented that they felt like cheap chinese plastic shoes. Hard on the inside... fake white looking leather on the outside. (New Balance). I stood up, took a step or two, made a scowl look and then shook my head.

That's when she stormed towards another shelf... and said:
    "Oh For the Love Of Christ!" She grabs another pair and says "How about these...?" in a huffy snooty kind of way.

Huh!? What did she say??

At first I was looking around at what RC was talking about. As she said it she stormed off towards another shelf. I'm looking around for the object that caused her outburst.

I don't see anything.

SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT ME!!

I look at my wife.

No reaction. I play it cool...act like nothing happened, still unsure.

Then RC starts acting normally. I select a pair of Sketchers. We head to the register have to endure the speil... She goes through all the shoe-clerk bullets.

Buy one 50% off second. Got It!
    Do you want socks? Nope.
    Club Card...Get coupons. Nope.
    Polish? Nope
    Gift Card? Nope

I just want to close the deal and get the hell out of there.

As we leave the store I ask my wife... "Did you here what she said?"
    "Nope..." "Nuh Uh... You're hearing things. "

I swear I heard it....

Didn't I??

Quoth jiarby View Post
    Is there a Sucky Employees section??
    You're in it.

Rapscallion

Comment

Quoth jiarby View Post
      Then RC starts acting normally. I select a pair of Sketchers. We head to the register have to endure the speil... She goes through all the shoe-clerk bullets.
      one- you found a store that sells wide sketchers?!?!?! i thought you could only get them online!

second-i dont think your crazy "turns to the open space next to her" shut up joanna im trying to make him feel better!

Comment

They had one or two Wide Sketchers, I ended up with 11M

They fit OK, but only time will tell..

Even so... if middle aged fat white guys are buying them you HAVE to know that Sketchers are no longer cool.

Comment

Working...
        X