Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not a small lady and I will joke about my size/weight/whatever. But that's me making the joke. Yeah, part of it's a self-defense mechanism against embarassing moments like having to squeeze through somewhere or sitting in uncomforable chairs. But no one else needs to comment on it. I know people "think" they're being helpful, but suggesting that I lose weight is a surefire way to ruin my day and send me to the pits of depression. Unless you're my doctor, shut the hell up.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
      Are you sure that wasn't from the last time Barney spent the night?

Either that or it was a Purple People Eater slipping in for a midnight snack.
      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth HorrorFrogPrincess View Post
        If anything, stop shopping there for the inflated prices.

That was an unintentionally sheldon worthy comment.
        I pet animals, I rescue insects, I hug trees.

"I picture the lead singer of Gwar screaming 'People of Japan, look at my balls! My swinging pendulous balls!!!'" -- Khyras

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
          That's me.
          Me too. Which is sad, because the "curvy lady" stores have nice looking clothes that flatter my body shape. But I don't exactly want to gain weight just to shop there...

Anyways, when I read the OP I was hoping that the clerk was just having a brain burp - like maybe she was trying to say (politely) "You are a little skinny, not sure we have you size in stock" kind of thing and it came out completely wrong? But then again, I have this foolish idea that people are nice and smart and kind and all. Someday I'll learn...

And yeah, calling me fat or saying I should lose weight? Thanks, just give me a complex why don't you. Then again, when people at work (one guy in particular) says "nah, you look great, women look good with some weight on" - I KNOW that I am overweight and should really do something about it, don't help me lie to myself.
          "This isn't a home, this is a swirling vortex of entropy." - Sheldon "The Big Bang Theory"

Comment

Unless you're my doctor, shut the hell up.
            even some doctors need to shut the hell up too

back on my first ship i was overweight. i had back pain.... whenever i went to the doctor (just an E7) his answer was "lose weight" and then would berate me for being fat. sometimes i'd have to fight to get medication to help relieve the pain.

but i suspect it's not only those stores that have horrible outfits. even when i go to the mall it's ... crappy outfits that look cheap, stuff sold only for size 0 teeny boppers, or stuff for people who are ancient.

i had 2 dresses for easter weekend, the second i got cos the first ended up being a tad too short when i was sitting... both from jc penny's. for the second one i said, "well i know this is here, but i'll see what else is out there"... one hour in the mall and i was back at JC penny's buying that dress

Comment

Working...
            X